Re: Excel crashing randomly

On 5/1/08 5:33 PM, in article ee8bca5.51@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dennis
Davidson" <dpdavidson40@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have experienced several random crashes when running a VBA macro in my Excel
2004 for Mac. I thought it might be caused by the fact that my Parallels
program was active so I've adopted the practice of shutting down Parallels
when running this macro (a run takes about 2.5 hrs. so a crash is not a
trivial event). However my latest Excel 2004 crash is a new kind of beast. On
this occasion Parallels was not running and this time something in the
workbook seems to have been corrupted so that when I try to open the
perpetrating workbook I get spontaneously crashed after my 'ignore links'
command (ie., I can't open the file without crashing). Is there a routine fix
for this situation?
Sounds like the workbook is corrupted. A macro that runs for 2.5 hours is
hardly routine. Without knowing any more about the workbook, what it is
linked to and what the macro is doing it is impossible to suggest anything
other than reverting to a backup and trying again.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

  • [NT] Cumulative Patches for Excel and Word for Windows
    ... The attacker's macro code could take any actions on the system ... * An Excel macro execution vulnerability that relates to how inline ... * An Excel macro execution vulnerability that relates to how macros are ... It is possible for macros in a workbook so invoked to run ...
    (Securiteam)
  • RE: Activating a renamed workbook
    ... The go to tab Commands and select Macro. ... my programming experience in Outlook is very poor so please help me out. ... Then I can have a procedure in the main Excel application installing the ... because it activates the workbook always having the same name! ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Cannot Utilize a Macro When Excel Is Opened By Another Program
    ... MST must be starting Excel in safe modewhich by-passes XLSTART folder. ... Run Macro, Break, Reset or Design Mode. ... i.e. the workbook just created. ... Perhaps due to the method that MST creates a new workbook and opens ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Cannot Utilize a Macro When Excel Is Opened By Another Program
    ... MST must be starting Excel in safe modewhich by-passes XLSTART ... Run Macro, Break, Reset or Design Mode. ... i.e. the workbook just created. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-031 & Office 97
    ... Does this vulnerability affect the Office 97 product line? ... Cumulative Patches for Excel and Word for Windows ... > The attacker's macro code could take any actions on the system that the ... > workbook so invoked to run automatically. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)