Re: values from "table" of numbers

In article <ee998b1.-1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
unicorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

Hi, I hope a simple answer is possible - i have a block/table of values 9x20,
and want to access the info as a reference ie = value in cell that
corresponds with value on horizontal & value on vertical. I've played with
array/h&v lookup, cant work it out.

One way:

=INDEX(tbl, yval, xval)

also can I use a dropdown to input data like a database ??

Not sure what you mean - "input like a database" could mean any of a
wide range of methods...

You can use a Data/Validation/List to choose an item from a dropdown
list. You could use Data/Form to enter records in a dialog.

also is there full tutorial of excel features online somewhere?

There are far too many features for a "full tutorial". Help is once
again barely adequate, after having improved over the last several
versions. There are simple topics at Mactopia

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx

  • converting word list to excel data merge document
    ... Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) ... Processor: intel ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)
  • Re: If then Statements
    ... Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) ... Processor: intel ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)
  • GRAPHICS
    ... Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) ... Processor: intel ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Files cant be read
    ... Operating System: ... After installing the 11.4.1 ... Mac Desktop (2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel; ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)
  • My Day Problems
    ... Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) ... Processor: intel ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)