Up and down arrow symbol

Hello,
I would like to add an up or down arrow symbol while typing in a cell.
I would like to be able to use the 'option key' to insert an arrow
symbol.

1. I can add an up or down arrow symbol using 'add objects', but this
takes time and is not apart of the cell text.

2. I can add an up or down arrow symbol using 'Wingdings 3' font, but
then the cell is 'Wingdings 3' font which is no help.

3. Can I add the up or down arrow symbol to the geneva font.

Thank you,

  • Re: Up and down arrow symbol
    ... You should be able to find the glyph you want in most any of ... I would like to add an up or down arrow symbol while typing in a cell. ... then the cell is 'Wingdings 3' font which is no help. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)
  • Re: How do I insert a checkmark into an excel spreadsheet?
    ... make sure the cell is formatted with a font ... Wingdings is one of those fonts. ... >> 2) Scroll down to the end and you'll see a checkmark symbol. ... >> not appear correctly until you change the font in that cell to Wingdings. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Thanks Frank ... I will ... Kha
    ... And format each column to a different font. ... >format cell B1 with the font 'wingdings' ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: I need to create a 7 bubble answer sheet for an experiment.
    ... Set the font for that cell to Wingdings ... >From the Excel Menu: Insert>Symbol ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Up and down arrow symbol
    ... If using Office 2004 try the OS X Character Palette. ... (Look it up in Mac Help ... seldom used font with a very limited character set. ... I would like to add an up or down arrow symbol while typing in a cell. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)