Re: Alert sounds in Entourage 2008 break again on Leopard 10.5.6 ?

Thanks for the infos Diane.

I find a solution.

I create a folder in the Entourage sounds folder called "sound_1.eradgesoundset", i call it sound_1 but it can be what you want. The important thing is the .eradgesounset.

I put in this folder my sounds, for exemple :

welcome.wav
soundset.plist
No Mail.aiff
reminder.wav
New Mail.aiff
Mail Sent.aiff
Mail Fetch Error.aiff
goodbye.wav

You can put in what you want, mp3, aiff or wav.

Then i created a file with BBedit call :

"soundset.plist"

This file must be in the "sound_1.eradgesoundset" folder with yout own sounds.

This file look like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd <http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd>">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SoundSetFileFormatVersion</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>SoundSetUserString</key>
<string>My soundset</string>
<key>SoundSetURL</key>
<string>http://www.officeformac.com</string&gt <http://www.officeformac.com</string&gt>;
<key>SoundFile_MailError</key>
<string>Mail Fetch Error.aiff</string>
<key>SoundFile_MailSent</key>
<string>Mail Sent.aiff</string>
<key>SoundFile_NewMail</key>
<string>New Mail.aiff</string>
<key>SoundFile_NoMail</key>
<string>No Mail.aiff</string>
<key>SoundFile_Reminder</key>
<string>reminder.wav</string>
<key>SoundFile_Welcome</key>
<string>welcome.wav</string>
</dict>
</plist>

the "<string>http://www.officeformac.com</string&gt <http://www.officeformac.com</string&gt>;"
you can put what you want here between the open strings.

the <string>My soundset</string>, can be what u want to and also nothing.

Then Open Entourage and select your new soundset in the menu.

Hope this help

I cannot inderstand why MBU do not make a simple solution to select other sounds !
.