Error -17900 (authentication error) when trying to login to Exchange from Entourage 2004

Whenever I try to add an Exchange account to Entourage 2004, the error
-17900 appears and tells me that the username/password is wrong. The
same credentials however work fine in either Apple Mail 10.5, on an
iPhone or in Entourage 2008. We have some Hosted Exchange 2007
accounts with our ISP and they haven't experienced this.

It doesn't really matter if the account credentials are either right
or wrong, it simply doesn't work and always generates the same error.
I looked all over the net for this -17900 error but can't find it
anywhere. My provider also doesn't have a clue. Any of you have seen
this? It must be related to Entourage 2004.

Regards,
Sander

  • Re: Calendar and Contact Upgrade Issues with SP2
    ... It would be interesting to setup a new account with SP2 and see if those are ... So you're saying that the local Calendar and Address Book folders are ... > I am, as Scott has suggested, confused about the Entourage Exchange updates. ... >>> Exchange account all configured in Entourage. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Entourage 2004 and Exchange 2007
    ... and the Exchange account in Entourage ... running on the mailbox/client access server. ... When Entourage tries to auto-config using the Account Setup Assistant, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: No Inbox, calendar etc.
    ... Using that same server information I cannot get my exchange account to work. ... I am using entourage 12.1.4, have tested on 12.1.2 as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Error message 3260
    ... I don't have an Exchange account and in fact I can't ... Entourage cannot connect to the server. ... Let's make sure you have your account set up as a POP account not an IMAP ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Email Retention
    ... in Entourage 2008 using an exchange account. ... It does not exist for Exchange accounts because Entourage by nature *synchronizes* all messages with the Exchange Server. ... You can not prevent Entourage from downloading and storing messages. ... One workaround that would take some effort to set up would be to create a Microsoft User Data folder that is pre-populated with account information and settings for "Headers Only " mode so that messages aren't downloaded until read. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)