Re: HOW TO HIGHLIGHT RECEIVED EMAIL

I agree that this would be very useful!

in article 59b61b40.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, BlockBird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at
BlockBird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11/12/08 4:25 PM:

Thanks Diane... I was afraid this would be the answer. Am I the only one who
thinks this would be useful?

It's not possible to highlight the background. You will need to use another
method for your important emails. Have you looked at using a custom view to
sort by category "highlight?" What about custom sounds to notify you when
you receive mail from specific senders?

--
Diane

"BlockBird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" wrote:

Version: 2008

Hi, I'm resurrecting this question because the solution below is not working
for me... Diane Ross, or anyone, can you explain more clearly? Is this
script
supposed to highlight the background of a selected email listing, because
it's
not. I set a Category in yellow called "Highlight" and all that does is
change
the text color to yellow, not the background.

ORIGINAL Q: Flagging the important emails is not enough, I would like to
add a background color (i.e. yellow) to important emails I select in my
Inbox, similar to the "Label" feature in Mac OSX.

SOLUTION BY DIANE: Create a category and name it Highlight. Set a color you
like.
Assign the category to message.

Download this script and edit to show name of your category.

  • Re: HOW TO HIGHLIGHT RECEIVED EMAIL
    ... Send feedback to Microsoft. ... method for your important emails. ... Diane Ross, or anyone, can you explain more clearly? ... supposed to highlight the background of a selected email listing, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: HOW TO HIGHLIGHT RECEIVED EMAIL
    ... method for your important emails. ... Diane Ross, or anyone, can you explain more clearly? ... supposed to highlight the background of a selected email listing, ... Download this script and edit to show name of your category. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: printing all emails in a folder
    ... Highlight all the mail items that you want to print. ... > print all emails in that folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Re: Outlook Express 6 - Mail settings
    ... Then in the second options box tick delete from ... Remember you have the option to 'Apply Rule Now', highlight it & click the ... receive emails so addressed. ... messages all purportedly emanating from my domain - though they are ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Reading remote Session ID
    ... require that the IP that makes the request for the page be the same ... capability of the user, if it's a script the js will fail, so require ... I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. ... It has removed 1384 spam emails to date. ...
    (alt.php)