RE: 1and1.com Exchange 2007 Settings

Ok, I'm stupid. The settings ARE CORRECT!!

Just make sure you setup the account manually and unclick the box that
requires LDAP Login.

All is good again. I apologize I'm really new to the MAC OSX OS and many
things are still confusing me.

"New to Mac" wrote:

Sorry about the "I have a certi". I deleted the sentence but it still made
it on the post. So these settings don't seem to work and Entourage is still
asking for an LDAP link?

I've had good experience with 1and1 on outlook and on my phone, but this
recent shift to MAC is really troublesome with this service. Using Entourage
2008.

"New to Mac" wrote:

These settings did not work for me. I have a certi

Also what about the LDAP settings?

"wakkoroti@xxxxxxxxx" wrote:

Putting this out on the net so others can find it;

Entourage settings for 1and1.com

Authentication:
-Use My Account Information
--Account ID: eXXXXXXXXX (can be found on your 1and1 control panel
under MS Exchange)
--Domain: EXCHANGE
--Password: xxxxxxxxx

Server Information:
-Exchange Server: https://imap.exchange.1and1.com/exchange/username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Uncheck the Use SSL box that will click on underneath)

If you have public folders, then under the Advanced tab;
-Public Folders Server: https://imap.exchange.1and1.com/public/
(Uncheck the Use SSL box that will click on underneath)

-j

  • Re: Any Sympatico.ca Users Have email advice?
    ... One of my many frustrations with my move to Mac is sympatico's refusal ... When I send the error I get is 3253 "Connection to server filed or was ... When I use the above new server settings in Mac Mail the thing seems ... Does it make sense that the same settings wouldn't work in Entourage ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Dates appear as 19/11/09
    ... Your region may default to a dd/mm/yy format. ... It appears that Entourage uses the Mac OS X settings to determine how dates ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: mac entourage and sbs
    ... this seems to be an error related to the email address settings of the sender. ... have the Entourage settings correct for talking with the Exchange server. ... Included in the post is a link to getting the certificate installed on the Mac so Entourage doesn't complain about that. ... Also, if you haven't already, download and install the latest updates to Entourage by installing Office 2004 SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • LDAP services question
    ... I have a new mac on the network that is using Entourage. ... it is failing on the ldap server resolution. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Cannot access global address list
    ... I have been using Outlook 2001 for Mac and have had no problem accessing my ... I have now switched over to Entourage 2004. ... I have tried to set the LDAP and I still have no access. ... If I cannot do so is there a way to download the global with outlook 2001 (I ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)