Why is conversation (threaded) view so poor?
- From: carlivar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 17:27:21 -0800
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Email Client: Exchange
I submitted this as feedback but thought I would post here as well for more visibility.
I prefer threaded mail view, i.e. gmail style. I also prefer all threads to be collapsed by default. Just personal preference since some threads can be quite long and would dominate the list if opened by default.
Anyway, I really dislike the way that Entourage summarizes a conversation. Two problems:
1. If a conversation contains one message, Entourage still displays it as a conversation. What's the point? It's not a conversation, it's one message. Just show it as a single message so I don't have to take the extra step to expand it. Mail.app does this.
2. There is nothing but subject line shown in the conversation header. I want more data. Please see how Mail.app displays conversation (thread) headers. It has the name of the last person on the thread and the timestamp of the most recent message. This is VERY useful.
Also why do I have to create a custom view in order to organize by conversation? In Mail.app I just select View -> Order by Thread. Done.
- Prev by Date: Re: can not open attachments in Entourage
- Next by Date: Re: MAC Virgin needs help!!!
- Previous by thread: Not receiving mails after startup
- Next by thread: Address Book Sorting