Re: Duplicate (but different!) folders in Entourage

On 1/30/08 9:53 AM, in article ee8b5e8.-1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"gerwehr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gerwehr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In order to upgrade from Entourage 2004 to 2008 I was forced to rebuild my
database (my database file is >5GB and this is apparently a common upgrade
problem right now). In doing so, Entourage duplicated my folders (triplicated
would I guess be the correct term) yet each folder has *different* contents
now. Each has many thousands of emails, so there is no way to manually check
how they are different. Is there some way to combine them and delete
duplicated emails?

Which database has the duplicates data? 2004 or 2008????

There are scripts to remove duplicates, but I suspect there are more
problems than what you described. With more info we might have some
suggestions.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>