Re: Duplicate (but different!) folders in Entourage

On 1/30/08 9:53 AM, in article ee8b5e8.-1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"gerwehr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gerwehr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In order to upgrade from Entourage 2004 to 2008 I was forced to rebuild my
database (my database file is >5GB and this is apparently a common upgrade
problem right now). In doing so, Entourage duplicated my folders (triplicated
would I guess be the correct term) yet each folder has *different* contents
now. Each has many thousands of emails, so there is no way to manually check
how they are different. Is there some way to combine them and delete
duplicated emails?

Which database has the duplicates data? 2004 or 2008????

There are scripts to remove duplicates, but I suspect there are more
problems than what you described. With more info we might have some
suggestions.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>

  • Re: Mail/folders missing - Databases in place
    ... this is most likely a case of severe database corruption. ... Entourage and nothing happens. ... no folders and no messages. ... Should I go straight to a rebuild? ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Lost messages not yet gone?
    ... Ran Export Folders v1.1, which worked but crashed at the end with an error I ... Verified my database then compacted my database to take advantage of ... Rebuilt the new one, got a few of the lost messages back. ... How can I hit Entourage upside the ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: 2008 Microsoft Database Utility - Issues
    ... it created new inbox and sent mail folders. ... mbox folders in Entourage 2008. ... Microsoft Database Utility. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Unable to export projects - damaged email
    ... > I'm using Entourage 2004 which I had upgraded from Entourage X which, ... > My database goes back through all of these versions. ... You will need to find the damaged message manually, ... first and then drag the folders to your Desktop (which should create an MBOX ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Entourage randomly freezes for a period
    ... How much mail do you have in InBox and folders - right-click on Account name ... I have just under 1GB in my account total. ... Entourage has not frozen since. ... corrupted database (fix using the alt key as you launch the ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)