Re: Entourage error 23016 with Exchange Server 2003

Linder <hairball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Man, this is weird. Came to work this morning, turned on Entourage to
> read an email from last week - and it's working again. Called IT and
> they all swore that they didn't change any settings.
>
> This is after I spent a couple of hours over the weekend reading up on
> port sniffing...

For some reason that makes NO sense to me whatsoever, other people have
also reported that after performing some port sniffing, their access to
their Exchange server started working again for no apparent reason... I
don't get it, but I'm glad ou got the access back :-)

Corentin

--
--- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

  • Re: Very Slow Sending messages with Attachments
    ... I would suspect that somethig is going on with your SMTP server.... ... I don't see any reason why Entourage would suddently become slow ... MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Very Slow Sending messages with Attachments
    ... I would suspect that somethig is going on with your SMTP server.... ... I don't see any reason why Entourage would suddently become slow ... MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: LDAP
    ... A hidden option that for some reason did not ... > On" was not checked even though it was in Entourage X. ... MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Exchange 5.5 IMAP problem
    ... > quite a big break with the metaphor that the users have learned for ... If security is an issue, you should be able to use POP with SSL. ... and what about using port sniffing to check what might be going wrong ... MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Entourage error 23016 with Exchange Server 2003
    ... > Although I tried to run a port sniffing app to detect the choke, ... That's quite different from "packet-sniffing" on the network (looking at ... what other computers send over the network), ... MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)