RE: Cannot open Windows Mail attachments after IE 8 installation

Thanks for the tip to save the attachment to the hard drive, but I sure hope
a fix comes out soon. It is a hassle.

"Code Blue 102" wrote:

I'm joining the several people who cannot open attachments (any) in Windows
Mail after installing IE 8. I have Vista 64. I don't want to go back to IE 7
just to download my attachments as I can save them to my HD while I wait for
a fix. I do like the new features on IE 8. My other 3 computers have XP and
the Outlook Express Mail attachments open just fine with IE 8. The problem
lays within IE 8 with Visa. Hope to see a "fix" real soon from Microsoft.

  • Re: More Help Needed Please - OE, NAV, etc.
    ... Running System File Checker might help fix some of the other problems you are having as well. ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, Microsoft has now set OE to block all attachments. ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... If you choose to adjust OE to allow attachments, make sure you save the attachment to disk first and then scan it with your antivirus software. ...
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Full Disclosure != Exploit Release
    ... > wasn't important to fix. ... specific bug. ... and they wouldn't be fixing it as they are concentrating on supporting 32bit ... The information contained in this email and any attachments is ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Diagnosing: Windows cannot find ....
    ... And I had hoped that the update might fix the problem. ... I am in the state if preparing a report in my ... mind saving attachments, which works for me. ... Visual Studio 2008 and such and I will attempt to diagnose the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Blank Messages
    ... > encoded but will save as normal with the save attachments ... > Virus scanner shows system as clean but it is running ... > this may fix it but took way to long compared to normal. ... **Post your HijackThis log to ...
  • Re: Blank Messages
    ... >> problem as attachments in the source are all still ... >> Can anybody advise what is wrong and how I can fix this ... >Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, ... HijackThis and CWShredder ...