Re: IE 5.2.3 won't launch

<cbagley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Corentin:

I finally found an answer that works: You suggested it several posts
ago, and I missed it, thinking I had done it earlier. There's another
Internet Plug-Ins folder in the main Library folder, which I ignored
earlier. By temporarily removing all the files in that folder, IE
starts up again. Oddly enough, after moving all the files back in
place, IE STILL starts up.

Apologies missing the suggestion earlier. Thank you for your time and
attention.

Craig, I'm really happy you found the solution to your problem :-)

Corentin

--
--- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

  • Re: IE 5.2.3 wont launch
    ... I finally found an answer that works: You suggested it several posts ... Internet Plug-Ins folder in the main Library folder, ... Apologies missing the suggestion earlier. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.explorer)
  • Re: Won,t update
    ... I was not allowed to rename the software distribution folder as it was in use. ... You may need to add Windows Update to the Trusted Sites Zone: ... Suggestion 1:- ... It is possible that the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder have become ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Update Hangs in Vista
    ... I'm getting the same problem and tried renaming the SoftwareDistribution ... installing the WU Agent - see "A new version of the Windows Update ... SoftwareDistribution folder has become corrupted ... Suggestion 1:- ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Organization member ends up in junk mail.
    ... I have concluded my test of suggestion 1 and have not found it to work. ... tracking of e-mail that was sent from two different organization members. ... mail in his junk folder from one other member is remote and logs on via RPC ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows Update hangs up
    ... Not sure exactly which suggestion did the trick because ... I'm using XP and automatic updates is ... You may need to add Windows Update to the Trusted Sites Zone: ... It is possible that the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder have ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)