Re: IE 7 Beta 2

In article <A2121D29-8B37-43CB-A772-E13029320DC3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
lfessler <lfessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Love the new IE7B2, but for some reason it always loads the various web sites
very slowly. I have an internet cable commection with very high speed. Is
the security checks built into IE7 the reason things now load slowly. Kind
of reminds me of the days that I had a 56k telephone connection.

Advise from and MVP please. Oh as a matter of information, I have already
tried going to the advance tab and reseting all of the IE settings and that
did not help.

Geniius - asking a PC question in a Mac newsgroup...about a beta
product no less.

  • Re: IE6 vs IE& vs IE8 on SBS
    ... I agree with Cris and Russ, but I'll go as far as to say that you should have a compelling reason to put IE7 on the server. ... You really shouldn't be browsing from the server and you should only be installing trusted 3rd party apps, so IE6, even with all of its security woes, isn't a security hole on a server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SQL Slammer doing the rounds again?
    ... "I used to hate writing assignments, ... this - Is there a valid business reason to expose UDP ... > Security Business Unit ... > at the largest, most highly-anticipated industry ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: MS Publisher_web page preview only showing text not art?
    ... associated with either you using IE7 or having installed a security patch ... click the index.htm file and see if that opens in IE correctly. ... That clip art is not converted to an image that you can ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Cant Add/Remove Programs
    ... I can see security essentials and the text ... 2006; Norton System Works/NSW 2005; Norton 360)? ... Was NAV running when you installed IE7? ... install some software; IE opening to unwanted webpages on its own)? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: IE6 vs IE& vs IE8 on SBS
    ... Please don't read that last line as dismissing the possible issues of using a browser from a server, I am not and do not advocate it. ... But you'd have to be executing that code, either by downloading it or by installing it and in such cases I doubt IE7 will help you much. ... If true, this makes me wonder if there isn't some of the aforementioned security problems present in any OS that has IE6 or earlier installed, active or not. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)