folder view at an FTP site

From: dufois (bdufford_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: 02/20/05

    Date: 20 Feb 2005 12:30:31 -0800

    I tried recently to place a file at a printer's ftp site. I was able to
    log in successfully; however, the folder into which I was supposed to
    drag my file was displayed in a list of folder names. The instructions
    on the ftp page said to go to Tools in the Explorer menu bar and
    Avanced to change the view to Folders, to enable me to drag and drop my
    file into it; however, there was no such option available. I eventually
    did the same thing on my husband's PC, which displayed folders at the
    ftp site. What did I miss? I use Explorer 5.1 with OS 9.2.2. Thanks for
    any help anyone can provide.

    • Re: IIS 5, FTP, Different access permissions for different users
      ... with IP restricted 'intftp' login access, ... one thing i guess you don't need is the 'intftp' virtual directory. ... > My objective is to have internal users login> in as intFTP to write to outgoing folder and read ... > original default FTP site and created underthe new intFTP FTP site. ...
    • Re: FTP P
      ... I'm not really sure if I'm in user isolation mode, ... I run the IIS FTP Sites Wizzard to add a new FTP Site. ... that I defined previosly and have the full rights for this folder. ... If I delete the complete user, still delete for the other Virtual Directory. ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
    • Re: Digital transfers question. On topic. Geez. Whod have thunk it?
      ... I set up my own FTP site with a free download, ... computer and is immediately in a folder on his computer. ... I went over to the doctors office and interfered with that. ...
      (sci.med.transcription)
    • require password
      ... created virtual ftp site with its own folder directly below the 'inetpub' ... turned off anonymous access, created a user for the ftp site with ... same way with a different port than 21, ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
    • IIS 5, FTP, Different access permissions for different users
      ... outgoing folder and read from incoming folder, ... I first tried one FTP site Home directory ... with the virtual directory "intFTP" with Directory ...