Can't display charset on ie 5.2?

From: Nathan (frnkln_nthn_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 08/04/04

    Date: 3 Aug 2004 17:57:10 -0700

    I want to display specific Charsets from my website like: Arabic
    (iso-8859-6) or Thai (windows-874) so they display on all browsers but
    for some reason the above charsets are not listed in my installation
    of IE 5.2 on the Mac. Can other users see these charsets on their IE
    5.2 browsers?

    I know Safari and PC IE 6 and Netscape and Opera have these charsets
    but for some reason I can not find them on IE 5.2. Is there a way to
    tell IE 5.2 that these charsets actually exist or is it a case of just
    don't use this browser to display Arabic or Thai fonts?

    Thanks

    • Re: show webpage result
      ... ALT is defined by web standards as a way to provide ALTernative ... descriptions to images so browsers that won't display them for any reason ... All browsers I ...
      (alt.php)
    • Re: show webpage result
      ... ALT is defined by web standards as a way to provide ALTernative ... descriptions to images so browsers that won't display them for any reason ... All browsers I ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: Cant display charset on ie 5.2?
      ... Can other users see these charsets on their IE ... > but for some reason I can not find them on IE 5.2. ... > don't use this browser to display Arabic or Thai fonts? ... MSIE for Mac doesn't support Arabic or Thai ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.explorer)