RE: 802.1X configuration for IAS and Cisco WLC 4402

=?Utf-8?B?TGlicmFyeSBTeXNhZG1pbg==?=
<LibrarySysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

All the documentation
I've been following list these as necessary steps, but removing these
allows a user to authenticate successfully.

Hi there --

Can you please provide URLs for the Microsoft documentation that states
that a computer certificate is required for PEAP-MS-CHAP v2 authentication?

I will correct that documentation or request that the doc owner correct it.

PEAP-MS-CHAP v2 requires a server certificate on the IAS or NPS server, but
user credentials are password based.

PEAP-TLS and EAP-TLS require a server certificate and either a computer or
a user certificate on the client computer. The client or user certificate
can be in the client computer certificate store or on a smart card.

Thanks --

James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.