Re: Do not use Active Directory

Hi NS,

To turn on logging for IAS, use "netsh ras set tr * en" at the command
prompt. The logfiles are usually in
%windir%\Tracing.
You should also look at the event log. IAS logs an event for every
request: and gives the reason if the access-request was rejected.
If you still have problems, copy your IAS event and iassam.log in your
mail and I can take a look.

Thanks, Manju

> Hi Manju and great thinks for your help.
>
> My server is joined to domain but i need to use a local machine SAM
> database.
> Well. I created a new user in the server and configured my cisco router to
> call the radius server for authentification.
>
> When i telnet the router, it's ask me a username and password. I tried the
> username and password created in the radius server but the access to
> router
> is denied.
>
> The configuration side the router in simple, i think that the
> configuration
> of my radius server is not terminated.
>
> The radius log file is not created, i can confirme that logging is enabled
> on the router.
>
> Can you tell me, please, what's i need to do ?
>
> Any help please ?
>
> Thank You very much
> NS

  • Re: Need step-by-step inst. to configure 2801 router to use Windows IAS RADIUS
    ... In fact, my VPN router is still configured to use the IAS RADIUS server Luckily, Cisco allows you to specify local user authentication if the RADIUS server is not contactable. ... - Router configuration ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: IAS Rejects Credentials - Help!
    ... It would be nice to see the Windows event log entry from IAS - that will ... I have a Cisco 2621 confugured as a VPN server and I want to use IAS ... the router is talking ... to the radius server below is the dialog on the router from IAS: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: IAS as a RADIUS server
    ... with IAS you could go one further and encrypt the radius ports ... IAS as a RADIUS server ... RADIUS is a pretty secure protocol itself, so as far as security I'd ... Your network firewall and IDS products do not prevent Web application ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Radius authentication Issues
    ... I'm having the same problem pointing a Cisco 3640 at IAS. ... Create a new client with the IP address of the cisco router and select ... Goto Authentication Tab and select only "Unencrypted Authentication ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: Do not use Active Directory
    ... If you install IAS on a non-domain joined ... call the radius server for authentification. ... When i telnet the router, it's ask me a username and password. ... The configuration side the router in simple, ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)