Re: How recover my hotmail account?

Mariana Sánchez wrote:

Hi. I have lost my hotmail account and even my alternative e-mail, I would
like to know if somebody can help me, please..this account has personal
information and some suscriptions about topics of my work. I answer the
secret question and nothing happens. Thanks in advance to someone that help
me to recover my account (teviross@xxxxxxxxxxx).

So how did you "lose" your alternative e-mail address specified in your
Hotmail account?

Nothing happens when you use their lost password procedure, huh? Sure.
More likely you cannot provide the secret details for that account and
just want to hack someone else's account and want us to guide you in
that endeavor. If you cannot identify yourself as the owner of the
Hotmail account, just how would we know it is your account? So not only
have you supposedly forgotten your login password but you also forgot
your secret question and answer for that account.

You could try using their support web form to ask for help:

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmail&ct=eformts

but lately that link has been getting redirected to their useless web
help page. Some folks have recommended other paths but which lead to
the same URL but sometimes those other paths result in getting their web
help form (for me, I rarely ever got to their support web form page and
instead all but a couple times got to their useless web help page).
They'll probably need the same level, or more, of proof that you own
that account as their lost password process required.

One such alternative path (to the same URL, however), is to go to their
login page and click on the "Help Central" link at the lower right
bottom. The default width of the topic list is too narrow. Drag its
right edge to enlarge it. Select the "Windows Live Mail" topic. Click
"How to protect my e-mail with a password?" In the doc pane at the
bottom should show up a "Get more help" link. Click it. There should
be a "Get Support" link in that next doc pane. Click it. Although the
URL for the link is different than the eformts URL link provided above,
it redirects to that URL (and it might work from there with that
redirection rather than using the direct URL above).

  • Re: Browser Hijack Help.
    ... Any Microsoft site redirects to some random site, ... Usually these sites are of the ad variety, nut popups all over the place. ... I've ran virus scans and every tool I have at my disposal, with the exception of these re-directions no other issues. ... Also, when I start is Safe Mode, there are no re-directions, so, I thought there is something in the registry with regards to this account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Browser Hijack Help.
    ... Any Microsoft site redirects to some random site, ... Usually these sites are of the ad variety, nut popups all over the place. ... I've ran virus scans and every tool I have at my disposal, with the exception of these re-directions no other issues. ... Also, when I start is Safe Mode, there are no re-directions, so, I thought there is something in the registry with regards to this account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Browser Hijack Help.
    ... In any case, all of a sudden I got virus alerts, I tried to clean with my ... from the menu bar) redirects to some random site, ... I checked the Hosts and LMhost files - they're clean. ... there is something in the registry with regards to this account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Browser Hijack Help.
    ... In any case, all of a sudden I got virus alerts, I tried to clean with my ... from the menu bar) redirects to some random site, ... Also, when I start is Safe Mode, there are no re-directions, so, I thought ... there is something in the registry with regards to this account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cannot login - what to do next?
    ... details/acted on a spoof email/etc. ... hat is the best way to go about ... I have already followed the instructions for retrieving my lost password, ... your account could be hijaked, and the password and email changed. ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)