Re: Outlook Express

From: Michael Santovec (michael_santovec_at_prodigy.net)
Date: 09/29/04

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:49:41 -0700

Outlook Express is just a mail program. It doesn't affect what e-mail addresses you have.
It's just one way to send and receive mail.

You can access your Comcast mail either through their web site or via Outlook Express or
any other mail program (e.g. Netscape, Eudora, Outlook, etc.).

If you plan to read all your mail at the web site and use Outlook Express, then you'll
need to set in OE at Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties, Advanced to Leave a Copy on the
server. Otherwise, when OE downloads mail, it will delete them from the server. In that
case, if you go to the web site, you'll only see messages received since the last time OE
downloaded mail.

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I now have comcast as my home page and my e-mail address.
> If I change to outlook Express will I Lose my e-mail
> address?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Default E-mail program
    ... current mail program cannot fulfill the request. ... Outlook and set it as the default mail client. ... "Jim Pickering" wrote: ... Excel, Front Page, Publisher, Internet Explorer, etc. ...
  • Re: russian e mails?
    ... which in turn opens the e mail in the preview pane ... >> I am now running in plain text mode due to your advice ... >> however i am still a bit concerned about the way outlook express views ... >> would you reccomend another mail program? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: OE and internet
    ... Sounds like Outlook Express is not registered as your default mail program. ... This is common with an install of Outlook 97 which is a rather old program ... However it has a nasty habit of altering keys in the registry ...
  • Re: Mail Merge
    ... Well I have tried reconfiguring OL as default mail program and unlinking OL ... But it still gives me error messages when I get to Step 2: ... You must have the Outlook Address Book ... >> Word to use the Contacts folder in OL as your source of data. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Cant stop Outlook Express from opening
    ... Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm "Mike Craig" wrote in message ... > If I send email from a link on a web site, to the web master for instance,> Outlook Express opens, rather than my default email program. ... I have gone to> "Set Program Access and Defaults" and removed OE as my default mail program. ...