Re: Outlook express strange problem

From: Michael Santovec (michael_santovec_at_prodigy.net)
Date: 09/15/04

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:42:31 -0700

I suspect that you have an incorrect registry setting for the problem user. Possibly the
Store Root setting.

OE: Changing the Default Location of Mail and News Folders
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=175037
See the section for OE5 in the above location for the key (OE6 uses the same key structure
as OE5).

Also see:
OE won't even start
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/performance.htm#nostart

For further help

Use the following newsgroup for questions or problems with OE6

You can also get to the Outlook Express newsgroups via this web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx
There select Internet Technologies then Internet Explorer

You will find out information about issues affecting Outlook Express 5/6 at:
http://www.oehelp.com/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm
http://home.attbi.com/~jimpickering/
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xp_oe.htm

"Mark" <mrmarkmm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have two users on my computer running XP Professional.
> On one user Outlook Express works fine.  On the other
> user every time I open OE I immediately get the message:
>
> !  The folder could not be created.
>   A folder name must contain at least one character
>
> to this I have no choice other than to click OK.
>
> Then I get the message:
>
> Norton Antispam needs to restart Outlook Express to
> continue.
> Outlook Express will now be restarted.
>
> to which I also have no choice but to click OK.
>
> Then OE restarts and the process starts all over again.
>
> I have tried disabling Norton Internet Security and
> reinstalling OE with no luck.  Any suggestions?
>
> Mark

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OL2003 Crashes and Restarts - Crashes and Restarts
    ... needed repair so I simply exited and restarted thinking it would repair ... For example in the inbox I have message collapsed. ... I'm using the default Outlook profile. ... A dialog pops up to notify Microsoft and it includes a 'restart' ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Macros and Outlook?
    ... Did you restart Outlook after changing the macro security setting to Low? ... > I have not tried any other VBA code. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Users can see all details of my appointments
    ... Close and restart Outlook. ... | me being able to see other's calendar details. ... | clients", but I closed Outlook on their machines and that didn't ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring)
  • Re: OL2003 Crashes and Restarts - Crashes and Restarts
    ... scanpst seems to have helped and it seems I was lucky as it did not whack my ... Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours ... A dialog pops up to notify Microsoft and it includes a 'restart' ... I've also allowed Windows Update to install Office SP2 which ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: store.exe memory usage
    ... Do the large mailboxes have folders with lots of items in them? ... If so, every time a user touches one of them Outlook has to render the view, which a compute- and disk-intensive process. ... >>> restart following that seems to have helped a bit, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)