Re: ActiveX component can't create object

Looks like 'MSSTDFMT.StdDataFormat' is installed by Visual Studio 6.

CDONTS will also, as you have already noticed, have to be replaced with CDO.

Dan

"." <nothing@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OqKVOXRJLHA.5700@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
One in particular I'm getting an error is:

ActiveX component can't create object: 'MSSTDFMT.StdDataFormat'

Thanks again.

"." <nothing@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%236y0gaQJLHA.1016@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Dan, appreciate it. That's what I'm kind of pondering also if it's missing and/or needs a .dll to be registered. Would you know what .dll (probably related to VBScripting perhaps?) and the location I can look for arounds? Just to name a couple are CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") and CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail").

"Dan" <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23aWFhTMJLHA.1016@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"." <nothing@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:#wCRfwHJLHA.5700@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello, our .asp apps work currently on a win2k server (iis 5) but getting the above error and other .asp pages not working on a win2k3 server (iis 6) internet explorer 8 with suppossedly the same server configurations since this the goal here is an OS upgrade migration in using same ip after switching machines? Thanks in advance.

And what ActiveX component is it that you're getting the error with? It's very likely that the DLL doesn't exist on the new server, or the permissions don't allow it to be run (the default security settings in IIS6 are a lot more restrictive than in IIS5).

--
Dan

  • Re: ActiveX component cant create object
    ... That was kind of my hunch, cool, thanks a bunch for confirming Dan, cheers ... to microsoft as part of an internal smtp server (perhaps it's just the ... ActiveX component can't create object: ... .dll and the location I ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: ActiveX component cant create object
    ... Personally I use ASPEmail from Persits as it's a nice simple object to use and is very reliable, the free version is good but the paid version is adds some nice additional features such as message queuing (very handy if your SMTP server is too busy or is down at the time you try to send the email). ... in iis 6.0 and it's necessary configurations/software to email from asp/aspx pages? ... Would you know what .dll and the location I can look for arounds? ... And what ActiveX component is it that you're getting the error with? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • RE: Unable to create CDO.Message object
    ... > I have been trying desperately to send mail using CDO objects. ... > is Windows 2000 Server and am having Exchange server 2003 installed. ... > I have made sure that Everone has atleast Read permission for CDO files. ... > ActiveX component can't create object 'CDO.Message' ". ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging)
  • Re: Please Help
    ... OK - and what does "not allowing the activex component to call the dll" ... Is there an error and what's the exact message? ... > it is all server side code. ...
  • Many, many thanks
    ... Assuming that you instantiate the object in the dll on a .asp page, ... if you want to keep a dll loaded in IIS you have a couple ... my ole server dll was exposed. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)