Re: Setting up virtual directories

Hmmm, let me see if I have this right. In IIS6, I could simply create a
virtual directory and then set it's redirect url. Now, in IIS 7, this no
longer works when redirecting to a remote server and I have to basically
learn a new language to make this happen?

Is that correct?
Steve

""WenJun Zhang[msft]"" <wjzhang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi SAL,

The urlwrite module of IIS7 is a great tool to help you achieve this. You
can simply create a redirection rule to do the job.

Please refer to:

URL Rewrite Module
http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/734/url-rewrite-module/

and below is a video walkthrough of it:
http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/506/url-rewrite-module---video-walkthrough/

HTH

Sincerely,

WenJun Zhang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Please note that the newsgroups are staffed weekdays with a goal to
provide
ONE BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE to all posts.
If this response time does not meet your needs, please contact CSS for
more
immediate assistance:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone>.
Feedback on your service and satisfaction can be posted to:
from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.We
look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
rights.

  • RE: SSL with forms authentication
    ... You can try including the protocol in the .Redirect url: ... >Is there a way to change the port of the request from 443 ...
  • Use curl to find redirect url of http://www.disney.com
    ... I'm trying to use cURL to output the redirect of the site ... I want to know what the redirect url is and then output it on a page. ... // close CURL resource, ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: HttpHandler and Response.Redirect
    ... > I have written an HttpHandler which I invoke through an ashx page. ... supposed to redirect to a confirmation page. ... the HttpHandler works great and the browser loads the text fine, ... > The redirect URL does show up in the status bar, and the URL is valid, but ...
  • Re: frustration with events firing
    ... redirect works by sending a special header with a redirect url. ... > download function which writes a file to the browser.. ...
  • Re: Post with redirect?
    ... How can I force a POST but actually redirect the user as well ... and it can't be done with PHP. ... return $response; ... its a credit card entry form on a completely separate server. ...
    (comp.lang.php)