Re: How do I remove InetPub directory from my Laptop ?

From: Ken Schaefer (kenREMOVE_at_THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 02/27/05

Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:40:30 +1000

Hi,

Uninstall IIS first using Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Windows
Components

After you have done that, delete c:\inetpub

Cheers
Ken

"O Noah" <o_noah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: This is nothing to do with a web-page, but my Laptop with XP Pro was
: loaded with the directory 'Inetpub', with sub-directories, 'AdminScripts',
: 'mailroot', Scripts', and 'wwwroot'. I do not plan to start any web-page
: rooted at my Laptop. How do I remove this Inetpub directory and
: associated webpage root files from my Laptop?
:
: Any help will be highly appreciated.
:
: P.S. Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 1.2.1 asks me to remove
: \Inetpub\lissamples, and \Program\Common files\system\msadc
: directories but I could not.
:
:

Relevant Pages

  • How do I remove InetPub directory from my Laptop ?
    ... This is nothing to do with a web-page, but my Laptop with XP Pro was ... loaded with the directory 'Inetpub', with sub-directories, 'AdminScripts', ... 'mailroot', Scripts', and 'wwwroot'. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: win xp pro on laptops
    ... But if both computers are yours, say your desktop at home and your laptop calling in while on the road, the desktop at home MUST have the server-side software, which this does not include. ... does (Media Center IS XP Pro with modifications and additions, ... was a conflict between using Media Center Extenders and Domain ... drivers, or will have only very old ones. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Compatability with XP Pro and Home Networking
    ... In a Workgroup environment: ... By default this is turned on in XP Pro and MCE. ... I just bought a Toshiba A105 laptop with XP MCE installed. ... When I go to "Other Places" under Network Connections and select My Network ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: wifi network
    ... >I run a wireless network between DESKTOP & LAPTOP, ... On any XP Pro computer, check to see if Simple File Sharing (Control Panel - ... Guest account is enabled, on each computer. ... The Microsoft Browstat program will show us what browsers (I'm not talking about ...
  • Re: Compatability with XP Pro and Home Networking
    ... you need to go add both machines to the ... I just bought a Toshiba A105 laptop with XP MCE installed. ... I disabled the antivirus software and Zone Alarm Pro firewall on each ... When I go to "Other Places" under Network Connections and select My ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)