Re: Don't want View Source to function

From: George Hester (hesterloli_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/04/04

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:57:47 -0400

It seemed fine to me. It didn't seem rude.

--
George Hester
__________________________________
"Jonathan Allen" <x@x.x> wrote in message news:uPOdiHypEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I found this post to be quite rude. Earl Niemoth already explained that he
> knew he couldn't completely protect his source code, and he was only looking
> for ways to "slow down any user". As for disabling the right-click being
> annoying, well that is unavoidable. If I want to look at source code and you
> won't let me, of course I'm going to be annoyed.
>
> --
> Jonathan Allen
>

> "Kristofer Gafvert" <kgafvert@NEWSilopia.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > The HTML source is always sent to the client, or else, the client would
> not
> > be able to show the webpage. There is no way to limit "view source" on the
> > server side, since it is up to the client if it want to give the user the
> > ability to show the code. Some people block right clicking by using
> > javascript, but that will only annoy your users. You cannot limit access
> > Menu Options such as "View Source" in the client, because that is a client
> > side setting.
> >
> > So, the answer would be: You cannot do this, unless you have ability to
> > control the web browser, and if you can do this, you should be asking in a
> > newsgroup for the web browser your users will use.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Kristofer Gafvert
> > http://www.ilopia.com
> >

> > "Earl Niemoth" <EarlNiemoth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I would like to minimize the ability to see my HTML source code on my
> > > websites. Yes, the HTML can still be found in the Temporary Internet
> File
> > > folder; but I want to slow down any user.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions as to how this can be handled?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Dont want View Source to function
    ... Earl Niemoth already explained that he ... If I want to look at source code and you ... > The HTML source is always sent to the client, or else, the client would ... > ability to show the code. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Reasons to choose CLISP over other free implementations
    ... This has way more implications for the client than you showed him: ... that guaranty must be of at least 2 years. ... 1.-If the client is the holder of the source code, ... He is not in obligation of assuming responsibility about the service ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Reasons to choose CLISP over other free implementations
    ... This has way more implications for the client than you showed him: ... that guaranty must be of at least 2 years. ... 1.-If the client is the holder of the source code, ... He is not in obligation of assuming responsibility about the service ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: dip Notions 2 Major Errors
    ... >> In what way do message flow against source code dependencies. ... > Messages flow from client to server without the source code of the client ... >> And is this not just an observation about subtyping, ...
    (comp.object)
  • OT: Contractual issues - Was: Re: Reasons to choose CLISP over other free implementations