Re: ban IP with ISS manager

From: Dude arizona (Dudearizona_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/13/04

Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 03:31:01 -0700

Kristofer,

Thanks for the reply. I have a router and it has a built in firewall. Do you have any suggestion for the firewall application i should use on my server?

Thanks.
Dude arizona

"Kristofer Gafvert" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In addition to what Ken has said, you maybe should consider to block access
> for the IP(s) in your firewall instead. If he is hacker, he will probably
> not only limit his attacks to the webserver.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Kristofer Gafvert - IIS MVP
> http://www.ilopia.com - When you need help!
>

> "Dude arizona" <Dude arizona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I am running windows server 2003 the enterprise edition. i want to ban an
> ip address from accessing my website. but i cant. the person is a hacker.
> and ISS manager doesnt allow me to ban the C and D class. he has dynamic ip
> so it always keep changing the last two classes which are C and D.
> > Im wondering how can i ban the C and D class? or is there a way i can ban
> his internet domain?
> > Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ban IP with ISS manager
    ... for the IPin your firewall instead. ... If he is hacker, he will probably ... "Dude arizona" wrote in message ... and ISS manager doesnt allow me to ban the C and D class. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Blocking attacks from spoofed IP addresses
    ... If you must ban, block the address ... And then people wonder why their firewall application is four times ... list IPs hits ... Not after seeing how big the lists are -- and this form joins up ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Blocking attacks from spoofed IP addresses
    ... If you must ban, block the address ... residential ranges from consumer ISPs. ... except for bruteforceblocker which is for BSD) ... And then people wonder why their firewall application is four times ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Firewall Necessity?
    ... Unless the trojan doesn't want the firewall to do that... ... Support the ban of Dihydrogen Monoxide: http://www.dhmo.org/ ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • a hacker using remote access?
    ... Some hacking softwares can find ... >the modem must have a internal firewall and you should ... >up does not metter) and they can acsess your pc. ... that means if any hacker acsess your ...