Re: INETINFO and ASP Trouble

From: Tom Kaminski [MVP] ((A_at_T))
Date: 04/14/04

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:48:08 -0400

"Justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1FA89E22-B6D0-472F-B5AA-9B218A3D5A4B@microsoft.com...
> Greetings!
>
> I want to start by saying how much I have enjoyed seeing all the help
people get here! Up until now I have only read posts, but recently I am have
been runing into trouble. I am new to IIS and I have recently deployed a
Windows 2000 Exchange 5.5 OWA Server.

> This is a fresh install of Windows 2000, IIS5, and OWA 5.5 with SP4. I am
seeing many IIS and ASP errors in the event log, and the inetinfo task is
regulary using 99% system resources. Restarting fixes the issues, but they
always come back a few hours later. Here are the errors I am getting:

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Service Control Manager
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 7031
> Date: 4/13/2004
> Time: 9:24:07 PM
> User: N/A
> The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated unexpectedly. It
has done this 3 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0
milliseconds: No action.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Active Server Pages
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 5
> Date: 4/14/2004
> Time: 7:04:38 AM
> User: N/A
> Error: Script Engine Exception. A ScriptEngine threw expection
'C0000005' in 'IActiveScript::SetScriptState()' from
'CActiveScriptEngine::ResetToUninitialized()'..
> For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:

> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: Active Server Pages
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 9
> Date: 4/13/2004
> Time: 8:56:41 AM
> User: N/A
> Warning: IIS log failed to write entry, Script timed out. The maximum
amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this
limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by
changing the value in the IIS administration tools..
> For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Active Server Pages
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 5
> Date: 4/13/2004
> Time: 7:00:02 AM
> User: N/A
> Error: File /exchange/USA/LogonFrm.asp Unexpected error. A trappable
error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue
running..
> For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:

> Another insteresting thing is after the event log generates all these
errors, I see an entry stating my NIC is up. So it seems somehow the NIC
gets disconnected as well. I did scan the system for viruses so there no
problem there.

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2355

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

  • Re: Connectivity problem between SPS & SQL DB
    ... One tool that may help you is the IIS Debug Diagnostics tool. ... >> Event Type: Error ... >> Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 Error Reporting ...
  • Re: INETINFO and ASP Trouble
    ... > Event Type: Error ... > Event Source: Service Control Manager ... > Event Source: Active Server Pages ... IIS log failed to write entry, Script timed out. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: IIS 5 Problem?
    ... > Event Type: Error ... > Event Source: Service Control Manager ... The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: ... Tom Kaminski IIS MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Error in Event Log - please help..
    ... Event Type: Error ... Event Source: WINSCTRS ... I am running Win2k AS and IIS 5. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server)
  • Re: Sysprep XP SP2 with working IIS ==> "The Service Metabase ... could not be opened"
    ... Your best bet is to check in the many IIS newsgroups - chances are they've ... > Event Type: Error ... > Microsoft Online Support site located at: ... > Event Source: Service Control Manager ...