Re: "Parameter is Incorrect"

IIS FTP can't accept one of the setting you specify, hence you got parameter
incorrect error.
Did you specify 'domainname\username' when configuring the AD authentication
in the FTP size creation wizard?

Try read the value from the metabase key

C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts>adsutil.vbs get msftpsvc/XX/ADConnectionsUserName

Xx is your ftp site id.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah

"Charlie" <Charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Greetings:

Ive tried this several times, with no luck. Please advise if I am not
doing
somehting correctly.

-Using Add/Remove Windows Components, Add FTP Server Service
-Remove default FTP Site
-Add new FTP Site with AD-based User Isolation
-Provide the Administrator credentials for connecting to AD to retrieve AD
attributes
-Add the AD attributes to my account as follows:
Iisftp.vbs /SetADProp charlie FTPRoot e:\UserShares\FTPHome
Iisftp.vbs /SetADProp charlie FTPDir charlie

When I try to start the FTP server, the response is "Parameter is
Incorrect". When I open the metabase with Metabase Explorer, I see a Win32
Error code of 87.

Ideas? I've followed the documentation on configuration verbatim. This is
brand new Win2k3 SR2 server.

TIA

  • Re: Caricare u-boot tramite vxworks boot tramite tftp
    ... The answer depends on how you have set up your HOST PC FTP server. ... Tornado, start the FTP server, and specify where you want the "root" of ... Error loading file: errno = 0x610001. ... i've tryed to load u-boot using vxworks, ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • RE: SMP/E packaging for RECEIVE ORDER?
    ... FTP Only APARs in very critical situations. ... Other (specify) ... and then to z/OS: ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Neat Forth application
    ... Forth Inc.'s web serving computer. ... The address "ftp.forth.com" doesn't specify or imply the use of FTP. ... you describe (how and if a browser should attempt to render documents when it doesn't know the type of the document) is part of a set of evolving standards and disagreements on what constitutes expected behavior. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: howto ftp a file to remote system
    ... E> I'm stuck with FTP ... Makes an FTP connection to the given IP host or, if no host specified, to ... Sends the file or files specified by filespec. ... An 'as-name' may be given to specify the name ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: SMP/E packaging for RECEIVE ORDER?
    ... Other (specify) ... - almost always (z/OS FTP). ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)