FTP Folder Error, Windows cannot access this folder

Hey guys,

Im having some problems this morning with the creation of my FTP
site...

I can successfully get to the site internally, but I can not
externally. The external user seems to be able to reach the server, and
when entering the username and password they receive a message as
follows:

""FTP Folder Error
Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure that you typed the file
name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder.

Details:
The connection with the server was reset.""

I dont think this is a firewall issue? but maybe. I have gone back to
all the folders Im wanting the users to access and they have full
control over these... I have unchecked allow anonomous connections, as
I need the users to login... dont know if thats right...

Im using IIS 6.0 on a Windows 2003 server.

Thanks in advance.

  • Re: my iis has been hacked :-(
    ... One step is removing the folder. ... FTP services enabled and the anonymous user ... hidden FTP server like Serv-U FTP. ... In one of the subdirectories i found 2 subdirectories, ...
  • Re: Connecting to ftp with File Browser
    ... I selected "ftp with login" as type of connection. ... I'm being hosted on a Windows server, ... In my ftp client the folder structure is as follows. ... In file browser all that loads is the root folder shown above and the ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • FTP Permissions Issues and other issues
    ... One is the public facing FTP server and the other ... is the server where the actual FTP folder is (the public facing server has ... and make directories but only within the root folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • Re: STUPID NAVIGATION BAR!
    ... > folder on the hard drive, edit, select all, right mouse ... > the ftp) and once again - no nav bar/menu down ... I also have MS FP Server Extensions 2002 ... >>Certain features of the navigation bar requires the site ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • When publishing web page, show the upload but doesnt actually create the site.
    ... Frontpage Server Extensions almost always must be ... there is a way to modify your FTP client to show them. ... Make sure those folder have been uploaded. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)