Re: ASP & Access2k question

From: Aaron [SQL Server MVP] (ten.xoc_at_dnartreb.noraa)
Date: 07/28/04

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:57:36 -0400

> Select * from myTable where FIELD like "%text%"

Use ' not " for delimiting the string inside the SQL statement.

And don't use SELECT *

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Error using " in .open with ADODB.Recordset
    ... recordset but I'm getting hung up on the SQL statement. ... query that has a string as a condition. ... Dim mrk As String ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Re: LED Shorted??
    ... where human factors and lack of reverse ... I've associated end of life or infant mortality of LEDs ... So you have the current through string and voltage across the string? ... at least I put one there so the inductor doesn't kill itself. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Reverse words in a string (Another Interview question)
    ... >> I'm using a linked list to contain words that will be output in reverse ... A stack is exactly that. ... C's string handling sucks. ... > void reverse_string(char * ostr) ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: SQL Statement with LIKE %
    ... short string is contained within a bigger field in Access databases. ... But how would I set up the SQL statement if I was trying to find ... the vbscript code that results in the same statement. ... My real problem is that I have a string named AgentString as: ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • Re: String substitution VS proper mysql escaping
    ... |>correctly escape a string for insertion into an SQL statement. ...
    (comp.lang.python)