Preventing PopUp Ads

Using VB 5 Pro

Is there a way to prevent popup ads?
I know the documentComplete is fired for every document.
I also know I can stop new pages from loading in the NewWindow2.
But how can I prevent a new window if the user didn't click something
to cause it.

Also is it possible to allow new windows if the user clicked a link
that opens in a new window but not allow one the just does it without
the user.

Mike

  • Re: VBScript/COM DCOM settings
    ... says it returns the top-level window. ... DocumentComplete is not what the docs say here: ... is either a frame or top level window (of typename ... How do I activate a given tab? ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: BHO - IHTMLDocument2.write adds to history list
    ... up a new window, but the entry in the IE history list still exists. ... >> In my BHO's DocumentComplete handler, I get the documents html code, ... except that the write adds an entry to the IE ...
    (microsoft.public.inetsdk.programming.webbrowser_ctl)
  • BHO Hangs IE in a specific case
    ... I am attaching My Events to DocumentComplete and ... I can close the popped up IE window after IE hangs. ... BHO both work fine. ...
  • Re: How can I know IE navigation finished?
    ... DocumentComplete fires multiple times. ... onload event. ... DocumentComplete on IE main window for a second or so. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)