Re: ISA Server doesn't support VLANs?

From: Dmitry Mashkov (dm_at_byte-et.ru)
Date: 03/25/04

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:49:11 +0400

N#1 and N#2 cannot maintain its IPs because TCP/IP binding is disabled by
ProSET (and HP Teaming Software).

VLAN setup do NOT exist outside ISA.
You are mixing port-based VLANs and tagged VLANs. They ARE different.

We do not use ISA as a router.

"Phillip Windell" <@.> wrote in message
> "Dmitry Mashkov" <dm@byte-et.ru> wrote in message
>> When creating VLANs:
>> All binding from N#1, N#2 are removed, Intel Advanced Networking
>> Services Protocol is bound to both adapters. Also, one network adapter is
>> being created for each VLAN, having Client for MS Networks, File &
>> printer
>> sharing, TCP/IP bound to it. Then I configure TCP/IP on each VLAN.
>
> The ISA IP configuration should not be changed whether the VLAN is active
> or
> not. The N#1 should maintain its same IP# with or without VLANs, and the
> N#2
> should do the same. ISA typically "flips out" if the IP#s are changed on
> the running system, and doing it via the VLAN is creating the same effect
> as
> physically walking up to the machine changing the IP# setup around. This
> could explain the "two Default Gateways" on the same NIC that Tristen
> discovered.
>
> Your ISA setup and VLAN setup should be mutually exclusive. Your VLAN
> setup
> should exist outside of ISA and not directly effect the configuration of
> the
> ISA. Also do *not* use the ISA as a Router (LAN, VLAN, or otherwise). Use
> dedicated router for LAN (VLAN) routing.
>
> --
>
> Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
> www.wandtv.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ISA Server doesnt support VLANs?
    ... VLAN setup do NOT exist outside ISA. ... > should exist outside of ISA and not directly effect the configuration of ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • NFSv4 questions and possible bugs
    ... Clientfstab mount: ... Server is in a different vlan than the clients, ... As far as I understand this means a NFSv4 only setup. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • VPN over VLANS and dynamic clients
    ... I am trying to setup VPN connectivity for a client that needs to be able ... The FBSD box has public IP and a private IP, both on vlan interfaces ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: DHCP =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=FCber_WLAN?=
    ... zum Topic nichts Qualifiziertes sagen. ... Der OP sollte bei diesem Setup bitte nicht übersehen, dass er uU jedem Gast ... nur noch ein VLAN Setup... ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.networking)
  • Re: Having a problem with getting ipfw fwd to work with vlans and bge - 6.1-RC1 amd64
    ... bge is to blame, perhaps its something else. ... I'll explain my setup, problem and the workaround to get it going. ... Vlans are mixed untagged and tagged on a single bge0 ... 10.255.1.0/24 Admin Lan - No Vlan Tagging ...
    (freebsd-net)