RE: Publish to External FrontPage Server

Here is some additional info, if I disable all IE connection settings,
meaning Auto config, use proxy I am able to connect to the remote website.

How can I make this work without having to disable the IE settings everytime
I want to publish...do I have to create a Network rule in ISA to NAT traffic
from my machine to external site?

Thanks

""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:

Hello,

Sorry for my mistake. The steps 1-5 cannot meet your product. However, if
the issue also happens in ISA 2004, I also suggest you can refer to my
other suggestions to see if they can help.

1. Configure secure NAT client
2. Add the wecctlflags registry value to force FrontPage to use proxy
settings independent of Internet Explorer

Hope that helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?U211cmZtYW4=?= <smurfman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Subject: RE: Publish to External FrontPage Server
| Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:23:02 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.isa
|
| Thanks Ken,
| I want to clarify, the things you are talking about in steps 1-5 they
don't
| seem to be options in ISA 2006, are we talking the same thing. They may
be
| in ISA 2000...but I am not on this.
|
| Can you double check, before I test any of these items?
|
| Thanks
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hello,
| >
| > Thank you for using newsgroup!
| >
| > From your post, I'd like to provide you with the following information
for
| > your reference:
| >
| > On the server:
| > In ISA Management -
| > 1. Disable the 'BackOffice' Site and Content rule.
| > 2. Disable the 'BackOffice' Protocol Rule.
| > 3. Use only the Predefined 'Allow All' Site and Content Rule.
| > 4. Create an 'Allow All' Protocol Rule for Any Request.
| > 5. Go to Services under Monitoring and stop then restart the Web Proxy
| > service.
| >
| > On the client:
| > 1. Configure Internet Explorer as a secure NAT client -- remove check
mark
| > for 'Use Proxy' under Tools, Internet Options, LAN Settings.
| > 2. Reboot the client.
| >
| > Start FrontPage and access site as a secure NAT client.
| >
| > This behavior may also occur if the web site is configured for NTLM
| > authentication. NTLM authentication will fail through most firewalls
| > including ISA Server.
| >
| > If the steps above do not resolve this issue, change the authentication
| > method on the web server to Basic.
| >
| > If configuring the workstation as a Secure NAT client does not resolve
this
| > error, try adding the wecctlflags registry value to force FrontPage to
use
| > proxy settings independent of Internet Explorer. This works in some
| > instances when configuring IE to bypass web proxy does not work.
| >
| > For more information, see Step 7 of 287402 Troubleshooting Web Folders
| > <http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287402>
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| >
| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > =====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?U211cmZtYW4=?= <smurfman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| > | Subject: Publish to External FrontPage Server
| > | Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:51:02 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.isa
| > |
| > | ISA 2006
| > | I am trying to publish frontpage changes to a server external to my
| > network.
| > | I get prompted by that server for authentication, I enter it, but
then
| > | nothing happens.
| > |
| > | The monitoring of the logs just shows my workstation connection to
port
| > 8080
| > |
| > | On my local machine I have the ISA Client installed (WXP) connecting
| > the
| > | ISA Server as a proxy server, configured in web browser, using auto
| > config
| > | script etc etc.
| > |
| > | The server that I am publishing to has the same domain name, but the
host
| > is
| > | actually located outside of the network.
| > |
| > | ---
| > |
| > | This also did not work on ISA 2004
| > | However, if I connect to my ISA 2000 server still in production, I
can
| > | publish no problem.
| > | The publishing is supposed to be a standard port 80 publish with a
logon
| > and
| > | password, the server is hosted by my ISP.
| > |
| > | I am using integrated authentication as well.
| > |
| > | ---
| > |
| > | Any help is appreciated. I feel I need a network rule to allow this,
or
| > | policy...but the logs are not giving me much as to what is happening.
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |

  • RE: Publish to External FrontPage Server
    ... The machine connecting is a Web Proxy Client, the Firewall Agent that runs, ... Frontpage 2003 only will connect when the IE settings are disabled to use ... Publish to External FrontPage Server ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: IEAK 6 and Proxy
    ... "Automatically Detect Settings" Does Not Work if You Configure DHCP Option ... Automatic Discovery for Firewall and Web Proxy Clients ... Nothing fancy in the config, as I mainly use it for ... IE "automatic detect settings" is enabled via Group Policy ...
  • RE: Publish to External FrontPage Server
    ... there is a setting within the FrontPage Server ... Publish to External FrontPage Server ... | configures the browser as well to use proxy so that all ... | Frontpage 2003 only will connect when the IE settings are disabled to use ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: [kde] Global change to kontact shortcut.
    ... This can be fixed by Settings -> Configure Shortcuts Removing the F5 ... kdepim 4.4 (kdepim includes kmail and kontact) was the last pre- ... One nice thing about kde is that for most settings including hotkeys, ... files than a well customized user config. ...
    (KDE)
  • [fw-wiz] Ezy vpn
    ... Could somebody help with the config to set up a vrf aware IPSEC Ezy Vpn ... notify the sender at Business Connexion Communications Ltd ... all web surfing comes back to the main office (ok, ... offices) and exits the network there through the proxy server(one proxy ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)