RE: Publish to External FrontPage Server

Here is some additional info, if I disable all IE connection settings,
meaning Auto config, use proxy I am able to connect to the remote website.

How can I make this work without having to disable the IE settings everytime
I want to publish...do I have to create a Network rule in ISA to NAT traffic
from my machine to external site?

Thanks

""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:

Hello,

Sorry for my mistake. The steps 1-5 cannot meet your product. However, if
the issue also happens in ISA 2004, I also suggest you can refer to my
other suggestions to see if they can help.

1. Configure secure NAT client
2. Add the wecctlflags registry value to force FrontPage to use proxy
settings independent of Internet Explorer

Hope that helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?U211cmZtYW4=?= <smurfman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Subject: RE: Publish to External FrontPage Server
| Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:23:02 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.isa
|
| Thanks Ken,
| I want to clarify, the things you are talking about in steps 1-5 they
don't
| seem to be options in ISA 2006, are we talking the same thing. They may
be
| in ISA 2000...but I am not on this.
|
| Can you double check, before I test any of these items?
|
| Thanks
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hello,
| >
| > Thank you for using newsgroup!
| >
| > From your post, I'd like to provide you with the following information
for
| > your reference:
| >
| > On the server:
| > In ISA Management -
| > 1. Disable the 'BackOffice' Site and Content rule.
| > 2. Disable the 'BackOffice' Protocol Rule.
| > 3. Use only the Predefined 'Allow All' Site and Content Rule.
| > 4. Create an 'Allow All' Protocol Rule for Any Request.
| > 5. Go to Services under Monitoring and stop then restart the Web Proxy
| > service.
| >
| > On the client:
| > 1. Configure Internet Explorer as a secure NAT client -- remove check
mark
| > for 'Use Proxy' under Tools, Internet Options, LAN Settings.
| > 2. Reboot the client.
| >
| > Start FrontPage and access site as a secure NAT client.
| >
| > This behavior may also occur if the web site is configured for NTLM
| > authentication. NTLM authentication will fail through most firewalls
| > including ISA Server.
| >
| > If the steps above do not resolve this issue, change the authentication
| > method on the web server to Basic.
| >
| > If configuring the workstation as a Secure NAT client does not resolve
this
| > error, try adding the wecctlflags registry value to force FrontPage to
use
| > proxy settings independent of Internet Explorer. This works in some
| > instances when configuring IE to bypass web proxy does not work.
| >
| > For more information, see Step 7 of 287402 Troubleshooting Web Folders
| > <http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287402>
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| >
| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > =====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?U211cmZtYW4=?= <smurfman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| > | Subject: Publish to External FrontPage Server
| > | Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:51:02 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.isa
| > |
| > | ISA 2006
| > | I am trying to publish frontpage changes to a server external to my
| > network.
| > | I get prompted by that server for authentication, I enter it, but
then
| > | nothing happens.
| > |
| > | The monitoring of the logs just shows my workstation connection to
port
| > 8080
| > |
| > | On my local machine I have the ISA Client installed (WXP) connecting
| > the
| > | ISA Server as a proxy server, configured in web browser, using auto
| > config
| > | script etc etc.
| > |
| > | The server that I am publishing to has the same domain name, but the
host
| > is
| > | actually located outside of the network.
| > |
| > | ---
| > |
| > | This also did not work on ISA 2004
| > | However, if I connect to my ISA 2000 server still in production, I
can
| > | publish no problem.
| > | The publishing is supposed to be a standard port 80 publish with a
logon
| > and
| > | password, the server is hosted by my ISP.
| > |
| > | I am using integrated authentication as well.
| > |
| > | ---
| > |
| > | Any help is appreciated. I feel I need a network rule to allow this,
or
| > | policy...but the logs are not giving me much as to what is happening.
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |

.