Re: Remote IP Address Question

From: Jim Harrison [MSFT] (jmharr_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/22/04

    Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:49:08 -0800

    This is the nature of web publishing; the web server's "client" is actually the ISA itself.
    You'll have to use server publishing to get this information in your IIS logs.
    The good news is that ISA 2004 can still use the web filter in server publishing.

    --
     Jim Harrison [ISASE]
     Read the help, books and articles!
    "Todd Nopper" <ToddN@Cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:uMKk7F55EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    Senario:
        Windows 2000 w/ISA server 2000
        Windows 2003 w/IIS 6
    I'd like the ability to use the ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR") to retrieve
    the remote IP address of visitors to my web site - visitor tracking
    purposes.  But the address returned is the ISA server's internal address, is
    there a way to have ISA server pass the client's actuall IP Address to my
    publishing server?
    Thanks in advance,
    Todd