RE: Unblock Firefox access to Internet

Hi,

I believe that the arrow only goes green while there is data being ppassed
through the client to the proxy. When its inactive it goes out, and when its
red its off/ disabled/ or misconfigured.

Whenever I have thrown ISA onto a domian I make the client push out via
group policy, that way all the machine get it.

Gavin.
"Jevonite" wrote:

> After searching all over the place I discovered that the firewall client must
> be installed on client computers of the ISA server as you recommended.
> Firefox is able to access the internet now but I noticed another problem with
> the installation. The firewall/proxy client does not always show the little
> green arrow pointing upwards even though the proxy says it is connected to
> the ISA server and enabled. The red arrow pointing downwards (disabled) is
> not displayed either. In other words, the arrow turns on and off even
> though the client is enabled. I have tested that the ISA server can be
> reached irrespective of the arrow's status. Why does this happen and what
> does it mean? I noticed that my Live Meeting connections to Microsoft web
> casts only work when the green arrow is displayed.
>
> I noticed that my Live Meeting connections do not
>

> "Gavin - MCSE2K" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Two things.
> >
> > 1. You *do* have the ISA proxy client installed on the machine that you are
> > using?
> >
> > 2. Is Firefox configured correctly to use the proxy to access the web?
> >
> > If your not showing port 80 requests through the proxy while using FF then I
> > woudl guess that either or both are not set up correctly.
> >
> > Gavin.
> >
> > "Jevonite" wrote:
> >
> > > When I do a page refresh in IE, I see activity on ports 80, 8080, and 137.
> > > However, when I do a page refresh on Firefox, I only see activity on port
> > > 137. The activity on port 137 seems to happen irrespective of whether I use
> > > either of the browers so I do not think it is related to the browsers.
> > >
> > > The error displayed in Firefox browser window is pasted here.
> > >
> > > Server not found
> > >
> > > Firefox can't find the server at www.google.com.
> > >
> > > * Check the address for typing errors such as
> > > ww.example.com instead of
> > > www.example.com
> > >
> > > * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
> > > connection.
> > >
> > > * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
> > > make sure
> > > that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
> > >
> > > Please help.

  • RE: Unblock Firefox access to Internet
    ... After searching all over the place I discovered that the firewall client must ... be installed on client computers of the ISA server as you recommended. ... You *do* have the ISA proxy client installed on the machine that you are ... Is Firefox configured correctly to use the proxy to access the web? ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.configuration)
  • Help with https
    ... accessible with firefox using the proxy at proxy.inhouse.com port 8080. ... On doing a snoop on the data while using firefox I can see a CONNECT ... Instead a Client Hello is immediately being sent out to the proxy from ... the client running the perl code. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: ISA Server Problems, please help
    ... The All access rule for SBS Internet ... Web Proxy and/or ... > To accommodate the linux SecureNAT clients you should create a new Client ... ISA Server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Please enter password for HTTP proxy
    ... Web Proxy log: WEBEXTDyyyymmdd.log ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... |> on to the SBS server that hosts the ISA. ... |> sure the problematic clients also have Firewall Client installed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Proxy requires authentication
    ... problem where it is being asked to authenticate to the proxy server. ... sure the problematic client also have Firewall Client installed. ... | Thread-Topic: Proxy requires authentication ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)