RE: MediaPlayer not connecting when firewall client active

From: Steve (Steve_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/04/05

Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 07:13:03 -0800

I have similar problem but I cannot get it to work at all.

I have ISA2000 and have setup WMP protocol to allow access out in ISA. I
disable firewall client but I cannot get streaming video/audio to work within
browser. The Windows Media Player for the site I am trying to hit comes up
within the browser window not via Windows Media Player.

Client: Win2K. Server:Win2K with ISA 2000.

Any ideas?

"lllusion" wrote:

> When I disable the firewall client application on the client computer
> then WMP is able to connect to the wmv file via mms. Why does the client
> application need to be disabled??
>

> Client:
> >> OS: XPpro, build 2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158: service pack 2
> >> WindowsMediaPlayer version: 10.00.00.3646
>
> Server:
> >> win2k with ISA Server 2000
> >> MMS - Windows Media, 1755 TCP Outbound, 1755 UDP Send are allowed
> under AccessPolicy/Protocol Rules.
>
> Error on client:
> >> C00D1197: Cannot play the file
> >> File: mms://stream.sf-anytime.com/430/BM_1_430.wmv
>
> Network settings in WMP:
> >> All protocols checked.
> >> HTTP- browser
> >> MMS & RTSP- none (I've tried all possible settings to no avail.)
>
> Other information:
> >> WMP plays asx & wmv files through http
> (http://svt.se/content/1/c6/33/73/13/bakomkilling.asx AND
> http://watkinsglen.bverticals.com/pictures/Movies/Kite%20Boarding.wmv)
> but not wmv files through mms (mms://stream1.sf-anytime.com/430/BM_1_
> 430.wmv)
>
> TIA.
>
> --
> lllusion

Relevant Pages

  • RE: MediaPlayer not connecting when firewall client active
    ... I have ISA2000 and have setup WMP protocol to allow access out in ISA. ... The Windows Media Player for the site I am trying to hit comes up ... "lllusion" wrote: ... Why does the client ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: WMP 11 Media Sharing Issue
    ... happen between WMP 11 on Vista and WMP 11 on XP. ... Microsoft Windows Media Player product team. ... Newsgroups fall under the Microsoft defined category of "Community". ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • Windows Media Player ID update
    ... That fix provided a option box for Windows Media Player (WMP) 6.4. ... P3P doesn't cover specifics like a ClientID value from Windows ... How many other unique GUIDs exist in a typical Windows installation? ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • RE: Streaming Webcast: "1072885353 - WMP cannot find the file..."
    ... I am on Vista Home Premium with WMP 11.0.6000.6344. ... The error message I get on one site trying to play video is this: ... audio/video but can't get any streaming to work correctly. ... I went to the Windows Media Player 11 website and downloaded any and all ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: WMP Will Not RUN, Will Not UNINSTALL, and Will Not REINSTALL
    ... Get it to crash again now that Nero is gone: what's the crash data for that? ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... stymied in repairing WMP if I cannot uninstall or reinstall it. ... "Windows Media Player has encountered a problem and needs to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)