Re: Thin Clients per PXE booten

Ludger Lüdiger-Schlüter schrieb:
wenn ich die Postings richtig lese, hast du folgende Konfiguration
MS DHCP-Server auf Windows-Server Rechner A
MS TFTP-Server auf Windows-Server Rechner A
kein RIS installiert! (Wie hast du das gemacht? TFTP ohne RIS? )

Den kannst Du auch händisch einrichten. Schau mal hier:
http://pxes.sourceforge.net/howtos/ms_only_environment/

Nach dem Lesen von KB 244036 gehe ich davon aus das für PXE der MS DHCP auch immer einen installierten RIS-(mit TFTP-) Server erwartet.

Nein. RIS muß niccht zwingend installiert sein, um über das Netz booten zu können.

--
..:Daniel Melanchthon:.
Technologieberater - Exchange Server

Koinzidenz begründet keine Korrelation und ist kein Beweis für Kausalitaet.

  • Re: SMS RIS and OSD
    ... Installing RIS on Windows Server 2003 ... and path to where you want the RIS installation folder created in the Path ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 source files, ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.tools)
  • RE: Does RIS require a Microsoft DHCP server?
    ... Since I can't ever change that, I won't be able to use RIS since the DHCP ... server will point any PXE device, even a PC, at the phone server and the RIS ... What you do to authorize you RIS, if on another server, is open a DHCP MMC ...
  • Re: RIS problem (or No RIS is the problem)
    ... I've not seen anything about the latest round of patches breaking RIS. ... As a test you may want to put down another image on the RIS server and see ... 317863 A RIS Client Installation May Hang at the "Setup Is Starting Windows ... the Remote Installation system service to install Windows 2000, Windows XP, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)
  • Re: Can you install RIS on a server running SMS, WSUS, and McAfee
    ... Why are you installing RIS if You have SMS ??? ... having to wait till i as able to buy a new server. ... version of the Windows Server 2003 family that you are installing. ... The volume on which you install RIS must be formatted with the NTFS ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • RIS 2003 Server and GUIDs
    ... I have been setting up RIS on a Windows 2003 Server for the past 3 weeks. ... We also have a test RIS server setup on our 130.130.69.0 subnet which is not ... Images in the OS Chooser and select and install them with the correct GUID ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)