Re: TSC does not start maximised any more

From: Patrick Rouse (PatrickRouse_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/17/04

    Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 04:32:02 -0800

    Björn, the RDC remembers the state it was last left in, and opens in this
    state the next time it's launched, i.e.

    1. Open RDC to a server with the settings set to Full Screen
    2. While at the logon GINA, press Ctrl+Alt+Pause (RDC Toggles to windowed
    screen w/ scrolling borders)
    3. Press cancel, aborting your logon
    4. Open the same RDC connection -> Should open in Windowed Mode w/
    scrolling borders
    5. Press ctrl+Alt+Pause -> switches back to Full Screen
    6. Press cancel
    7. Open the same RDC connection -> Should open in Full Screen Mode

    Perhaps you used this RDP file on two differenct PCs with different screen
    resolutions?

    "Björn Andersen" wrote:

    > Thanks Patrick, but that's not what I mean.
    >
    > A maximised window ist not the same as fullscreen-mode.
    > Say, my desktop got a resolution of 1600x1200. Normally, when you open a
    > RD-Connection with, say 1024x768 on that workstation, the window is
    > maximised to the size so it can display all of the 1024x768. But now, the
    > window starts somewhat smaller than 1024x768 plus borders, in "normal" mode.
    > So it's got scrollbars on the side. This is what I wanna get rid of.
    >
    > "Patrick Rouse" <PatrickRouse@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
    > Newsbeitrag news:24DBE4D8-4497-477A-9823-7EB912F6742E@microsoft.com...
    > > Press "Ctrl + Alt + Pause", which will toggle you back to full-screen
    > > mode.
    > >
    > > Patrick Rouse
    > > Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    > > http://www.workthin.com
    > >
    > > "Björn Andersen" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> normally, when creating a .rdp-File for remote administration, the
    > >> windowsize adapts to the choosen resolution, i.e. starts maximized (not
    > >> fullscreen). Now, all of a sudden, it doesn't any more, every rdp from a
    > >> special client starts in normal window mode, where on can't see all of
    > >> the
    > >> servers desktop. I don't know what I changed and I can't change it back.
    > >>
    > >> anybody knows ?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Bjoern

    • Re: TSC does not start maximised any more
      ... Björn, the RDC remembers the state it was last left in, and opens in this ... Open RDC to a server with the settings set to Full Screen ... Press cancel, aborting your logon ... > A maximised window ist not the same as fullscreen-mode. ...
    • Re: TSC does not start maximised any more
      ... Björn, the RDC remembers the state it was last left in, and opens in this ... Open RDC to a server with the settings set to Full Screen ... Press cancel, aborting your logon ... > A maximised window ist not the same as fullscreen-mode. ...
    • IPC between application and xserver is causing extra context switches
      ... Application opens unix socket connection to xserver. ... the request kernel decides to schedule client before there is response. ... Window Select_Window; ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: IPC between application and xserver is causing extra context switches
      ... Application opens unix socket connection to xserver. ... the request kernel decides to schedule client before there is response. ... Window Select_Window; ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • never look familiarly while youre burning at a cold dog
      ... Ricky, about trees sour and rude, plays among it, fearing incredibly. ... shoe in back of the wide window is the lemon that tastes hatefully. ... I am nearly good, so I depart you. ... No rural tired unit opens walnuts below Shelly's sticky paper. ...
      (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)