Problem with Win2000 and Network-Share. Help!

We have an Windows-2000 AD-Domain. On the Windows 2000 Server there
are some network shares. These are mapped on the clients.
There is enough space free on this Server.
Clients are Win2000 Prof and WinXP Prof. We save our user profiles on
the server.

Problem:
On one Client (Win2000) there is a strange problem that the user
cannot save files to a network share because of the client thinking
there is no space left. An Error telling this is raised.
The explorer shows a drive size of 1GB (the drive is much bigger) and
some KB (these values vary) free.

If I unmap all drives (net use * /d) from another user account
(because of the server-saved profiles) and reboot it works again for
some hours.

I tried to...
.... reinstall the computer - same problem
.... deleted the user profile on server and client (after backup of
course) - same problem

I have found another post which could be related to this problem - but
it doesn't help:
http://groups.google.at/group/microsoft.public.de.german.win2000.networking/browse_thread/thread/888e6b6a40db789d/5e2db212b54aafa0?lnk=st&q=windows+2000+netzlaufwerk+voll&rnum=1&hl=de#5e2db212b54aafa0

Next - if noone has a solution - i will backup all user files and
outlook and re-create the user account.

Strange problem - isn't it?

Thanks in advance
Florian Lagg (http://www.lagg.at)

  • Re: What doesnt lend itself to OO?
    ... >> proxy and instructs the server to constuct the real object. ... rather than client code. ... If 'clock' is instantiated in the server, ... > for the server interface at the OOA level. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: More Get-IPlayer Questions
    ... to use with mutt mail client. ... antinat - 0.90-4 - Antinat is a flexible SOCKS server and client ... protocol for Sybase or MS SQL Server. ... ifstat - 1.1-1 - InterFace STATistics Monitoring ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • This is going straight to the pool room
    ... or not the client has privilege to do what they're trying to do, ... The server environment is this: ... 3GL User action Routines that Tier3 will execute on your behalf during the ... Routine Name: USER_INIT ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • UPnP inspector and mediatomb on different Subnets.
    ... Mediatomb installed on this box up and running I can point my Desktop PC ... server is in 10.184.0.37 net work. ... that I am not very familiar with is to install OpenVPN ... I have done that and started OpenVPN in server box and client in Desktop PC ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • [Full-Disclosure] R: Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42
    ... Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42 ... SD Server 4.0.70 Directory Traversal Bug ... Arkeia Network Backup Client Remote Access ...
    (Full-Disclosure)