Re: Besster Schutz unter W2K?

From: Daniel Melanchthon (melanchthon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 01/29/05

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:33:16 +0100

Denis Jedig schrieb:

> Ich will mich gar nicht in die Diskussion einmischen[*], aber kurz
> anmerken, dass sowohl Firefox als auch Thunderbird eine Vorrichtung für
> automatische Updates haben und dass diese auch in der Standardkonfiguration
> aktiviert sind.

Und noch eine Anmerkung: Ich habe gerade gesehen, dass der XP-Rechner erst
Thunderbird 0.8 hat. Das automatische Update informiert mich nicht über die
neueren Versionen - auch ein manuelles Anstossen meldet, dass keine Updates
verfügbar sind.

Naja, ich downloade mir dann mal die 1.0er Version manuell :-)

--
Gruss aus München!
Daniel Melanchthon

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Thunderbird
    ... Updates contain security fixes. ... on a programming framework provided by Thunderbird itself, ... which Steve claims does exactly what he wants. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Thunderbird
    ... Updates contain security fixes. ... on a programming framework provided by Thunderbird itself, ... I'd describe it - some friction, ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: OT - Mozilla Lightning calendar
    ... In particular, will it mess up Thunderbird, and does it still lose all ... (After this mornings "upgrade" to TB 17.0 the top ... That's not a loss of data, ... After the Grim Sunday when bad updates of McAfee and Trusteer brought my new and old laptops respectively to a halt, I am even more over-sensitive about all this because I didn't find that a pleasant experience at all, even though I managed to sort it out eventually. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: OT - Mozilla Lightning calendar
    ... In particular, will it mess up Thunderbird, and does it still lose all ... That's not a loss of data, ... my first thought would be if you uninstall Thunderbird and choose to ... After the Grim Sunday when bad updates of McAfee and Trusteer brought my ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: After update Thunderbird crashs constantly
    ... Karl, you shouldn't need to reboot due to updates, unless you've changed ... a reboot subsumes all that. ... No thunderbird probs with the update on 64bit. ... (though I'm maybe 40 days late with an kernel-upgrade-related reboot - ...
    (Ubuntu)