Need a new product key for Age of Mythology & the Titans Expansion

I purchased Age of Mythology for the sole purpose of playing a friend online.
I installed game with the product key that was provided. (The game was
purchased at Staples and is a Microsoft version.) I try to get online and it
says that it can not validate my cd key and I need to wait a few minutes. I
did some research on this and was told that my cd key was probably one that
was mass produced, and that I should try to buy another copy. Which I did.
I bought a Age of Mythology with the Titans Expansion from Gamestop, also a
Microsoft version. I uninstalled the first version that I had and proceeded
to install the new version of Age of Mythology and then installed the Titans
Expansion. I still get the same message as before when I try to play online.
CD cannot be validated please wait a few minutes. Please email me a new
product key so that I can play this game as I intended to when I bought it.
I have spent money on 2 copies and am getting frustrated that I cannot play
online, which was the only reason I bought the game.

I recently looked at the product keys on both of the Age of Mythology
booklets...and they are the SAME.

  • Re: Lost Halo 2 Disc
    ... but when i put in the Halo 2 product key it says that its ... buy a whole new game i just want a Halo 2 Key. ... someone online but that would be illegal, ... The Key is your game, that $49.99 you spent, that buys you a key. ...
    (microsoft.public.games)
  • Re: lost product key
    ... That said you MIGHT be able to find a copy of the product key in your system registry. ... From here press F3 and search for something like "mythology" ... I also don't have Mythology installed, so maybe someone who has the game can point out where the key is kept in the registry. ... As i remember it, the Keys under 'Microsoft Games' are deleted when uninstalling the game, so if one exports these keys from the current Windows-install and re-imports them on a new machine before installing the games again, it .. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Need a new product key for Age of Mythology & the Titans Expan
    ... I installed game with the product key that was provided. ... I try to get online and ... I bought a Age of Mythology with the Titans Expansion from Gamestop, ... I still get the same message as before when I try to play ...
    (microsoft.public.games)
  • Re: lost product key
    ... That said you MIGHT be able to find a copy of the product key in your system registry. ... From here press F3 and search for something like "mythology" ... I also don't have Mythology installed, so maybe someone who has the game can point out where the key is kept in the registry. ... As i remember it, the Keys under 'Microsoft Games' are deleted when uninstalling the game, so if one exports these keys from the current Windows-install and re-imports them on a new machine before installing the games again, it .. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Need a new product key for Age of Mythology & the Titans Expan
    ... Am I out the cost of the game? ... Microsoft phone support says ... I can't find Age of Mythology on there. ... I try to get online and ...
    (microsoft.public.games)