Re: Halo demo now won't launch - Direct3D error

Hi Peter,

Try the -useff switch instead of the -vidmode one

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Peter Nolan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1116066421.129963.143120@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
| Hi All,
| I am trying to get the halo trial version to work for my 12 year old
| son. (I am very PC literate). We have done all the same things....we
| found an entry on the halo support site to say instal halo hotfix 1.05
| or later....we found 1.06 but when we try to install it we get 'halo
| not installed on this machine'.
|
| We have direct X 9.0c, win xp home sp2 (totally up to date), packard
| bell, intel celeron 2.6, 512 MB, ATI Radeon 9600 400MHz and I think it
| was 256MB on board.
|
| We have also tried "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo
| Trial\halo.exe" -vidmode 1024,768,85 to run halo.
|
| With the number of posts about this specific problem I was hoping that
| someone knew where to get the correct hotfit for the demo.....
|
| Thanks
|
| Peter

  • Re: Obamas dangerous halo
    ... The halo above Barack Obama's head is dangerous. ... Obama for fear of being attacked and otherwise humiliated. ... Many white Democrats who do not support Obama are keeping their heads ... Clinton as a gargoyle have sheathed their rapiers for Obama, ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Corrupted cabinet?
    ... "Need More Help - Contact a Support Professional" link in the top right corner. ... Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits ... MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms ...
    (microsoft.public.games)
  • Re: help
    ... Please also ensure that your video card meets the minimum requirements: ... Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits ... MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: problem with java
    ... Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits ... MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: ZOO Tycoon - any lawyers are reading this thread?
    ... Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits ... MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms ... zalek Wrote: ... | My kids cannot play ZOO tycoon games - after pressing install-play - ...
    (microsoft.public.games)