Re: XP & 98 Together?

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 02/06/04

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:13:23 -0800

     Stephen,
     Thanks for your response; I have Red Baron II which
will operate in XP with a couple of fixes but the
Sidewinder FF Pro joystick that I have, while functional,
cannot be programmed due to driver incompatibility. XP
just won't load the software disc. I have already
received help here telling me there is basically nothing
that can be done about that owing to the differences in
the nature of the operating systems. I had heard that
partitioning the hard drive will allow me to use the disc
and any other 95/98 applications that are a little
squirrely sometimes when they are "patched" rather than
being allowed to run in their native format. Thanks for
verifying that for me.
                                   Michael
you worried about on
>XP?
>
>Thanks for the post!
>--
>Stephen Keen [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with
no warrenties, and
>confirs no rights.
>
>"Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message