Re: XP & 98 Together?

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 02/06/04

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:13:23 -0800

     Stephen,
     Thanks for your response; I have Red Baron II which
will operate in XP with a couple of fixes but the
Sidewinder FF Pro joystick that I have, while functional,
cannot be programmed due to driver incompatibility. XP
just won't load the software disc. I have already
received help here telling me there is basically nothing
that can be done about that owing to the differences in
the nature of the operating systems. I had heard that
partitioning the hard drive will allow me to use the disc
and any other 95/98 applications that are a little
squirrely sometimes when they are "patched" rather than
being allowed to run in their native format. Thanks for
verifying that for me.
                                   Michael
you worried about on
>XP?
>
>Thanks for the post!
>--
>Stephen Keen [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with
no warrenties, and
>confirs no rights.
>
>"Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> I recently heard it was possible to run both of these
>> operating systems on the same computer by partitioning
>> the hard drive. If true this would allow me to use my
>> older 98 based game and hardware as designed and would
>> bring hours of joy to my life. Do I realistically have
>> this option? Thanks
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The AMIGA is DEAD - please buy a PC!!!
    ... All other operating systems ... A huge effort would get you to something like what Linux ... Then there's the question of applications for the new system. ...
    (comp.sys.amiga.hardware)
  • Re: 4GB RAM in Dimension 8300 - how much remains usable?
    ... I've seen computers that didn't run certain ... operating systems well or at all...including at least one laptop that would ... Applications that get paged out ... into the swap file take forever to come back into working memory. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Exclusive: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta
    ... has become some sort of religious cult and any mention of a Widows problem ... sound like some sort of Bobby McFarrin clone. ... >> Why do you care about applications used on one of MANY operating systems ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Exclusive: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta
    ... It is like, "Hey upgrade, Buy ... > Why do you care about applications used on one of MANY operating systems ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: freebsd install = computer failure for me
    ... > installation and partitioning) I've installed various operating systems, ... > My question is - anybody else have this problem with installing FreeBSD? ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)