Re: Bug in zone

Matthew wrote:

"+Elmo_Tech" escribió:

Matthew wrote:

Appareantly Im the only one with this bug to play aoe in zone.

I have a 150kb/sec internet, and a 5316 Microsoft PC Windows XP Home edition.

The Problem: When I try to enter in a room that has more than 200 players, The chat windows load, but inmediatly my internet disconnects, and then I need to reboot the pc, so I cant play in rooms that has more than 200 players; please help me, I try nibblesnit website, but it didnt work, I need help plz :(

I've seen similar things happen and suspect your modem, router, or more likely the NIC, is experiencing a buffer overflow. That causes the device to crash. No real answer, just a suggestion that you try lowering encryption from 128 to 32 bits (which may not be an option within any of the devices), or try the broadband registry tweaks here:

http://www.speedguide.net/

But most likely, you'll have to replace the right device, or upgrade its firmware, to prevent this from happening.

And how can I do that, please tell me.

Look in the Device Manager at the mentioned components and see if there are similar options. When not, try replacement devices.

  • Re: Bug in zone
    ... I have a 150kb/sec internet, and a 5316 Microsoft PC Windows XP Home edition. ... When I try to enter in a room that has more than 200 players, ... The chat windows load, but inmediatly my internet disconnects, and then I need to reboot the pc, so I cant play in rooms that has more than 200 players; please help me, I try nibblesnit website, but it didnt work, I need help plz:( ...
    (microsoft.public.games.zone)
  • I think I have been hijacked.
    ... I am running windows xp on my Compaq Presario and Toshiba laptop, ... An internet connection appears to have been added through a USB. ... R - Registry, StartPage/SearchPage changes ... Fixed crashing bug on certain Win2000 and WinXP systems at O23 listing ...
  • Re: Please help with pop-ups!!
    ... Sometimes I'm not on the internet ... A1) No. Microsoft NEVER sends emails with security update attachments. ... pages where you can access Windows Update, download patches, or request ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Built in Admin account added
    ... system properly before putting it back on the internet. ... where to get a firewall and antivirus program are all below: ... Keep in mind during the investigation that this might NOT be a hacker ... You can also use the NETSTAT -A command that comes with Windows to look at ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: My words
    ... MVP - Windows Shell/User ... > MALWARE REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS ... > There are some malwares that can destroy the internet connection ... > download all the security updates - Critical updates with Express install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)