Re: ports crash during a game?

+Elmo_Tech wrote:
skitszo wrote:

I'm not sure what needs to be encrypted but i have firewall turned off and IE description says encryption connection is turned off not encrypted.

i've got the latest Nvidia driver march 2005, far as i know that should cover all the graphics...not sure whether it covers the network card. i've unistalled that and let it auto find the driver........the router not sure what its firmware is, but its been bought with in the last month or two. fairly new.

buffer........humm......which buffer.....on my computer? the router? modem?

Duddo..

That's "Dunno".

As I remember, it was a buffer in the cable modem or router. A
firmware update, or other brand was the solution, in the couple of instances I read about.

Go to the Device Manager for the NIC, or whatever devices show, look at the Properties, and see if there's an encryption setting of 128. If so, lower it to 32. That might help, but mt NIC doesn't even have a setting like that. The DSL modem isn't adjustable.

MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to "com" if you want to email me.

  • Re: Modem
    ... Scanning your serial ports for a modem. ... not using MPPE) ... # (There have been multiple versions of PPP with encryption ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Netgear DG834G - help anyone?
    ... If I turn the encryption 'off' then all ... the icons in the systray go red and I cannot connect to the modem itself (so ... Just out of interest, should the adapter be loaded first, or the modem? ... The ROUTER is always on. ...
    (uk.comp.misc)
  • Re: Modem
    ... I am unable to activate a connection when using my modem ... not using MPPE) ... # (There have been multiple versions of PPP with encryption ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Setting Up a Router:
    ... the modem to act as a firewall, and a filter (the modem has it's own ... You can also add encryption but it slows your access down thereby interfering ... Most people coming from windoze are way more paranoid than real world Linux ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Modem
    ... Scanning your serial ports for a modem. ... not using MPPE) ... # (There have been multiple versions of PPP with encryption ... # wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf ...
    (Fedora)