Re: Try to start game at MSN Gaming zone

From: +Elmo_Tech (elmogeek_at_iglou.invalid)
Date: 10/21/04

    Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:35:00 -0400

    msalan wrote:

    > I see. I will check and let you know if the installation had never been
    > activiated..but I was aware that when the originial installation was removed
    > in ADD/REMOVE Programs, there are still some files and directories there in
    > MSN Gaming Zone Direvtory. I thought they should be all wiped out. But it
    > did not.
    >
    > Are you trying to say that re-install would delete the remaining files still
    > there? That is the problem needed to be attended to, first.
    >
    > I think I still miss your point although you warn about the re-install being
    > blocked, I will give a better look. But there are still remaining files. If
    > you or others are able to answer this question, it may solve most of the
    > problem. It needs to be acted on, first. But how? The simple delete command
    > in CMD wont work on them because of ACCESS DENIED.
    >
    > I do appreciate your and others' help!
    > "+Elmo_Tech" <elmogeek@iglou.invalid> wrote in message
    > > msalan wrote:
    > >>
    > >> I just wanted to let you know that sp2 has already been installe a few
    > >> months ago...
    > >> The problem is: it is not possible to wipe clean all the files and
    > >> directories
    > >> in MSN Gaming Zone Directory. Some remaining files are not able to
    > >> delete
    > >> (access denied) although I had gone to Control Panel and clicked on
    > >> Add/Remove Programs on that directory. It said it is all unistalled. But
    > >> it
    > >> is not true because I can see some remaining files there on CMD. Let me
    > >> know if I need to specify what is all there. I know the solution is to
    > >> remove all there first! But how?
    > >>
    > >> "Chris Hunt" <coolbiker@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > XP won't allow you to delete any file it considers a System file. The
    > > same is true of any file that is being accessed at the time.
    > >
    > > What do you mean by "I can see some remaining files there on CMD"? Does
    > > that mean that if you open a DOS prompt with the CMD shortcut, you can
    > > navigate to a Zone folder and find files? If so, which folder contains
    > > the Zone files? What filenames?
    > >
    > > The Heartbeat files are in the folder C:\Windows\Downloaded Program
    > > Files\ or, in one of its \Conflict.xxx subfolders if there was an error
    > > during an ActiveX install. Are there any of those subfolders?

    What files are still there?

    The attrib command might allow you to remove attributes blocking the
    files' removal. Type "ATTRIB /?" for help, but basically, "ATTRIB *.*"
    should show all files and their attributes. Do this from the folder
    where they're located.

    ATTRIB -R -A -S -H *.*

    .. should make all files visible and accessible in a particular folder.

    But I doubt every file needs to be removed to make the Zone accessible.
    The message "An incomplete Zone installation was detected." suggests the
    files in the ZSetup folder, or Zone.zat or the ActiveX components are
    damaged. That's why I ask the name of the damaged files. If they're
    not accessed, they won't be compared to the version number in Zone.zat
    and their actual condition isn't pertinent to Zone entry.

    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

    • Re: No Heartbeat - Object Always Damaged - Failed to Download Errors
      ... for help on resolving this same issue with the MSN Game Zone. ... installation started but that doesn't work either. ... >> \downloaded programs folder. ...
      (microsoft.public.games.zone)
    • Re: No Heartbeat - Object Always Damaged - Failed to Download Errors
      ... for help on resolving this same issue with the MSN Game Zone. ... I have tried everything I can find to get the zone to work with no luck. ... I have also tried to download the files manually to my computer and get the installation started but that doesn't work either. ... folder seems to be the only one that contains hrtbeat.inf, ...
      (microsoft.public.games.zone)
    • Re: HELP with OE
      ... Do point 3a below and then do a File | Folder | Compact all in OE. ... and then compact manually and frequently using File ... affect the ability of your antivirus software to block infections. ... Most of the problems with a faulty installation are due to other programs ...
    • Re: Compacte Files - Reading them
      ... > file to a backup folder. ... and then compact manually and frequently using File ... affect the ability of your antivirus software to block infections. ... Most of the problems with a faulty installation are due to other programs ...
    • Re: Sent items lost !
      ... I can see this folder contains all of the sent items cause it's ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... affect the ability of your antivirus software to block infections. ... Most of the problems with a faulty installation are due to other programs ...