Re: Try to start game at MSN Gaming zone

From: msalan (alan4100_at_comcast.net)
Date: 10/19/04

    Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:54:35 -0400

    I just wanted to let you know that sp2 has already been installe a few
    months ago...
    The problem is: it is not possible to wipe clean all the files and
    directories
    in MSN Gaming Zone Directory. Some remaining files are not able to delete
    (access denied) although I had gone to Control Panel and clicked on
    Add/Remove Programs on that directory. It said it is all unistalled. But it
    is not true because I can see some remaining files there on CMD. Let me
    know if I need to specify what is all there. I know the solution is to
    remove all there first! But how?

    "Chris Hunt" <coolbiker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > AsI mentioned to him that maybe sp2 is blocking the installation. when an
    > activix program trys to install a pop up come up warning it has been
    > blocked. if thats the case there should be a bar saying "click here for
    > more
    > info" and if it says it has blocked an activix installation on msn zone.
    > allow it the page will refresh and it will allow it to install.
    >
    > hope if it doesnt help you it helps someone to point this out. :)
    >

    > "+Elmo_Tech" <elmogeek@iglou.invalid> wrote in message
    >> msalan wrote:
    >> >
    >> > I was at the link today..It does not provide solution; I dont have
    >> > heartbeat files at all.
    >> > Please read my other posting.
    >> >
    >> > Alan
    >> > "Elmo the Geek" <elmogeek@iglou.invalid> wrote in message

    > not
    > game

    > problem:

    >> Open Internet Properties, click the General tab, click Settings, click
    >> View Objects, look at each item. If one has numbers rather than a name,
    >> it could be a codec, used for decompressing music or movies, or it could
    >> be a damaged Heartbeat install. Right-click any component, click
    >> Properties to see what the component is used for. If damaged,
    >> right-click, click Update.
    >>
    >> If there are no ActiveX components shown, open Folder Options, click the
    >> View tab, and select "Show all Files", deselect "Hide System Files", and
    >> any other choices that might display all files.
    >>
    >> Weekly updates are usually only of the files Zone.zat and the files in
    >> the ZSetup folder. Deleting these should allow them to be reinstalled
    >> upon reentering the Zone.
    >>
    >> If you have XP and you installed SP2, here are known issues with XP SP2
    >> and various products:
    >>
    >> It may help to use the "Enabling programs" section of the above article
    >> to allow Zone.exe, Zproxy.exe and any other program that communicates
    >> with the Zone.
    >>
    >> There's a section here on disabling the XP firewall:
    >> http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#fwall
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> +Elmo_Tech
    >> MSNŽ Gaming ZoneT - Technical Support

    • Re: dimming system
      ... Any dimming system with an occupancy sensor and some scene ... live, I'd suggest the general companies, Lutron, Dynalite, iLight (the ... installation the system detects them and as they move closer to the ... the widest illuminated zone and would, as a result be the dimmest. ...
      (sci.engr.lighting)
    • Re: which packages / files are installed in a new zone
      ... >global zone. ... none of the OS packages should fall into that category. ... >basic full installation, as i can do, if i install ... i'm beginning to think that the global zone must be ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: No Heartbeat - Object Always Damaged - Failed to Download Erro
      ... >> for help on resolving this same issue with the MSN Game Zone. ... Whenever I go to the zone, I get the message "failed to download ... >> installation started but that doesn't work either. ... > Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to ...
      (microsoft.public.games.zone)
    • Re: No Heartbeat - Object Always Damaged - Failed to Download Errors
      ... for help on resolving this same issue with the MSN Game Zone. ... installation started but that doesn't work either. ... >> \downloaded programs folder. ...
      (microsoft.public.games.zone)
    • Re: Can not connect to domain
      ... standard MCE2005 installation does not permit this which is a topic for this ... OEMs less for the MCE OS than they do for the standard XP Pro release. ... >> - The DNS SRV record is not registered in DNS. ... (the root zone) ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)