Re: Try to start game at MSN Gaming zone

From: Chris Hunt (coolbiker_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/19/04

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:55:12 -0400

AsI mentioned to him that maybe sp2 is blocking the installation. when an
activix program trys to install a pop up come up warning it has been
blocked. if thats the case there should be a bar saying "click here for more
info" and if it says it has blocked an activix installation on msn zone.
allow it the page will refresh and it will allow it to install.

hope if it doesnt help you it helps someone to point this out. :)

"+Elmo_Tech" <elmogeek@iglou.invalid> wrote in message
> msalan wrote:
> >
> > I was at the link today..It does not provide solution; I dont have
> > heartbeat files at all.
> > Please read my other posting.
> >
> > Alan
> > "Elmo the Geek" <elmogeek@iglou.invalid> wrote in message

> > > Try these links:
> > >
> > > Failed to Start ZProxy or ZoneClient
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q241200
> > >
> > > http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#ftd
>
> Open Internet Properties, click the General tab, click Settings, click
> View Objects, look at each item. If one has numbers rather than a name,
> it could be a codec, used for decompressing music or movies, or it could
> be a damaged Heartbeat install. Right-click any component, click
> Properties to see what the component is used for. If damaged,
> right-click, click Update.
>
> If there are no ActiveX components shown, open Folder Options, click the
> View tab, and select "Show all Files", deselect "Hide System Files", and
> any other choices that might display all files.
>
> Weekly updates are usually only of the files Zone.zat and the files in
> the ZSetup folder. Deleting these should allow them to be reinstalled
> upon reentering the Zone.
>
> If you have XP and you installed SP2, here are known issues with XP SP2
> and various products:
>
> It may help to use the "Enabling programs" section of the above article
> to allow Zone.exe, Zproxy.exe and any other program that communicates
> with the Zone.
>
> There's a section here on disabling the XP firewall:
> http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#fwall
>
> --
>
> +Elmo_Tech
> MSNŽ Gaming ZoneT - Technical Support

Relevant Pages

  • Re: EZ-Antiviurs v7 and WinXP startup problems
    ... Check the Zone Labs website. ... for completely removing Zone Alarm. ... >> Also, check for any malware on your system, download, install and run Ad ... >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP ...
  • Re: EZ-Antiviurs v7 and WinXP startup problems
    ... Check the Zone Labs website. ... for completely removing Zone Alarm. ... >> Also, check for any malware on your system, download, install and run Ad ... >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: EZ-Antiviurs v7 and WinXP startup problems
    ... Check the Zone Labs website. ... for completely removing Zone Alarm. ... >> Also, check for any malware on your system, download, install and run Ad ... >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: EZ-Antiviurs v7 and WinXP startup problems
    ... Check the Zone Labs website. ... for completely removing Zone Alarm. ... >> Also, check for any malware on your system, download, install and run Ad ... >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev)
  • Re: EZ-Antiviurs v7 and WinXP startup problems
    ... Check the Zone Labs website. ... for completely removing Zone Alarm. ... >> Also, check for any malware on your system, download, install and run Ad ... >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)