Re: AoC game room issue

From: Dest (Dest_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/11/04

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:43:01 -0700

Chris:

No, I haven't had an issue with any other multi-player games on the zone. I
also Play Asheron's Call and Spades and neither of them have created this
issue.

I have tried uninstalling AoC also, but it has not fixed the problem.

As for other programs running, I've closed all other open programs other
that IE and it still happens. It will allow me to minimize the frozen game
room and table i'm exiting from and continue to use my computer, other
programs and even surf without lag, yet I can not restore or maximize the
room/table again until its finished doing whatever it is its doing.

"Just as an off guess maybe with the slow down the program never sent a "hey
im done " message to reactivate the room."
I'll agree this might be the issue, but would make me think its a zone issue
if its just the zone and not the entire computer or other programs. And it
will not let me close them unless i end them from program manager. Only
error i get is that they are unresponsive (though they go back and forth from
running/not responding as if its sending info) and asks me if i want to end
now. If i end them and go back to the same game room, I continue to have lag
in that room. Including delayed launch time, chat not showing up for 20-30
seconds and such.

I've checked all MSN gaming zone system requirements and my system more than
matches the basic requirements. So i highly doubt its on my side.

+Elmo_Tech:

I'm not currently using a router. I have cable, running through a hub to 3
computers. I purchase 3 seperate IP addresses from my cable company so that
none of the computers cause any lag or interferance with each other. Each IP
is DHCP (if it matters).

I only play AoC on all 3 machines, each one has the same issue only with AoC
gaming rooms after exiting a game.

Not sure if its flooding me wiht info, but I don't have a router to lock up
unless its the actual cable box. If thats the case, there's no drivers to
update :(

I have checked all ports needed to play AoC, and all are open. I've also
tried with and without WinXP build in firewall with the same issue.

Thanks