Re: ports

From: Crimson Liar (trash_at_trash.com)
Date: 08/23/04

    Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:20:18 GMT

    I'm just soo glad that UPnP works! Happily playing various CD-ROM games
    without ever having to manually open a single port just relying on UPnP.
    Shame you MUST have a router with a good UPnP implementation for it to work.

    +CrimsonLiar

    "+Elmo_Tech" <elmogeek@iglou.invalid> wrote in message
    > tomklamjr wrote:
    >>
    >> I have a question on ports. I have the list of ports
    >> that u provided and understand how to apply them. My
    >> question to u is when it says 2300-2400 what exactly does
    >> that mean. Do i have to manually put in 2300, 2301, 2302
    >> all the way to 2400? or do I just put 2300 and 2400.
    >> Please help.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Tom
    >
    > This might help.. It suggests you fill in the start and end of any
    > sequence with this particular router. But with some, you may need to
    > enter each individually.
    >
    > http://www.zonesysops.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=37
    >
    > --
    >
    > +Elmo_Tech
    > MSNŽ Gaming ZoneT - Technical Support

    • Re: UPNP/SSDP
      ... > Re: UPnP ... > all ports. ... a firewall and a NAT-based UPnP-compliant router are distinctly different ... the NAT router is a packet filter that routes packets b/w the LAN ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Messenger SP2 Voice Chat
      ... > You do not need to configure any ports. ... > your router firmware and enable UPnP. ... > You will notice to things after you have enabled UPnP ... > Nat information found in Advanced Connection ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
    • Re: UPNP with Linksys Router
      ... I would suggest you simply check the ports that need to be open on the ... How can I verify if UPNP worked? ... > Do you have DHCP diabled on the router? ... > to automatically configure my access to the internet is stopped. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: port forwarding ?
      ... and what do I have to configure, if my Router does support UPnP? ... > Actually just opening the ports for audio/video (assuming that's what ... In order to use audio/video conversations ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
    • Re: Messenger SP2 Voice Chat
      ... >> should switch to MSN Messenger 6.2, at least that works for me. ... >> Make sure UPnP is enabled in the router. ... You do not need to configure any ports. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)