Re: Asheron's Call Spade page

From: +Elmo_Tech (elmogeek_at_iglou.invalid)
Date: 08/17/04

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:08:11 -0400

> Every time I try to download the files, it shows the
> picture of the spade, but it continues to display the
> Downloading message and I can't go anywhere after that.
> At the bottom of the page, it says Error on Page, and if
> I look at it, it says Library Not Registered, Line 107
> Character 3. Can anyone help?

If you have XP, there are two or three things:

- XP Firewall is blocking ftp downloads. Turn off the firewall till the
files are installed properly.

- You must have an administrator account before you can write to the
registry. Give the user administrator privileges.

- A damaged file couldn't write its settings to the registry. Open
Internet Options, click General tab, Settings, View Objects, and
look for Heartbeat. If there are two of them, remove the older one.
then, right-click the new one, click Repair. Their names might not be
Heartbeat, if damaged. If you have a bunch of characters, right-click,
click Properties. If Heartbeat, or some unknown, just Remove it.
Codecs, and other needed components might look like a damaged file, but
the Properties will show their true worth.

Also try these:

I have a couple of tools at the bottom of my home page. You might try
them.

http://members.iglou.com/elmogeek/

Also look at these sites:

Heartbeat movie
http://zonesysops.com/clips/heartbeat.html

Download problems
http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#ftd

MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support
Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address if you email me.